Home

OC/DC Recruiting: The Gray-Area Questions:

This is a discussion on OC/DC Recruiting: The Gray-Area Questions: within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4
OC/DC Recruiting: The Gray-Area Questions:

1. Hiring/Firing: Will we be able to hire/fire coordinators as the head coach?
2. Recruiting: Possibly the most volatile aspect.
As a coordinator do you only control the recruiting on your side of the ball? How does that work with athletes? Who recruits the ATH prospects, Special Teams players, and who has the overall say on what position players play?

If it's both sides of the ball, how do you factor in the D-Coordinator if you are the O-Coordinator? Set up a dynamic big board and positional big boards and set a coach responsible for each recruit? What about Oversigning at a position or something of that nature?

If there are ratings involved, wouldn't you want your best recruiting coach to be the one who is recruiting the best players? What about the Scholarship Offers? Do those come from the Head Coach, assistants, or is it an assistant suggestion system where the head coach has the final say?

3. In-game: Do you only control your side of the ball, the playcalls on your side of the ball, or a mix where you can control both sides, but only call the plays on your side of the ball?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: OC/DC Recruiting: The Gray-Area Questions:

1. I'm not sure but I really want to know too.
2. From what I understood, you recruit everyone. That isn't confirmed though and I don't know for certain.
3. You control and call plays for only your side of the ball if you are a coordinator.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #3
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838
2. Recruiting: Possibly the most volatile aspect.
As a coordinator do you only control the recruiting on your side of the ball? How does that work with athletes? Who recruits the ATH prospects, Special Teams players, and who has the overall say on what position players play?

If it's both sides of the ball, how do you factor in the D-Coordinator if you are the O-Coordinator? Set up a dynamic big board and positional big boards and set a coach responsible for each recruit? What about Oversigning at a position or something of that nature?

If there are ratings involved, wouldn't you want your best recruiting coach to be the one who is recruiting the best players? What about the Scholarship Offers? Do those come from the Head Coach, assistants, or is it an assistant suggestion system where the head coach has the final say?

I would hope being a oc or dc wouldnt limit your recruiting to one side of the ball. In real life coordinators are not limited to whatever side of the ball they coach. Schools assign a coach to a certain region/area of the state that they will focus on. For example: The rb coach might recruit south florida, the wr coach will recruit central fl, the dl coach will recruit north fl, and the db coach will recruit the panhandle.

If a coach is from a certain area within the state most of the times he will be in charge of recruiting that area so what I would hope for in ncaa 12 is that if you are recruiting a player from you area or city that you would get a boost or something when recruiting him
Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

Coaches recruit by region, not by position. As you get closer to signing day, coordinators have more impact on recruiting their side of the ball with in-home visits, but initial contact is always made via region. For example, Florida State has two five-star defensive line commits in Dante Fowler and Mario Edwards. The coach recruiting them is Wide Receivers Coach and Pass. Game Coordinator Lawrence Dawsey.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #5
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivals
Coaches recruit by region, not by position. As you get closer to signing day, coordinators have more impact on recruiting their side of the ball with in-home visits, but initial contact is always made via region. For example, Florida State has two five-star defensive line commits in Dante Fowler and Mario Edwards. The coach recruiting them is Wide Receivers Coach and Pass. Game Coordinator Lawrence Dawsey.
Also the OC/DC can be the recruiting coordnator so they could have control over everything
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks guys. I wish we knew the answer to this question because there are multiple ways that make sense from a gameplay standpoint, but it's going to be interesting to see which direction they go.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:06 PM   #7
Rookie

aerovt's Arena

OVR: 3

what I would like to know is how custom playbooks will work. If you are the head coach, can you not use custom playbooks? If you can, then whats the point of hiring an OC/DC (unless they actually give bonuses)?

Also, I would be interested in the coach creation/leaving rate. Will we be able to create new coaches like new player prospects at the beginning of every year? And if so, do you get them as soon as you provide the best offer, or are there hiring wars (similar to player recruiting) for the best coordinators?

Last edited by aerovt; 05-19-2011 at 10:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »