Home

What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want?

This is a discussion on What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want?

Yea defensive coordinator should be fun this year

Last edited by mrMagic91; 05-24-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #10
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What Playbook, First Coaching Position/Philosophy and Future Job do you want?

Im still trying to figure out if i should start out as San Diego State as an OC and work my way to Texas Tech as an OC or HC or i might just start out as an OC at Tech and maybe ill get the HC job before too long and then use Texas Tech as stepping stone for a better job.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 05-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #11
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll likely do 2 dynasties, 1 as an OC and 1 as a DC. As the OC, I will likely have a pro-style smashmouth offense built around the run. I might run an air raid but more than likely I will use a smashmouth offense. I'll likely start at some small school. I don't know which one yet though. As a DC I'll either use the 4-2-5 or the 3-4, I haven't decided. In either one my dream job will be a major program outside the SEC. I'll be doing another one where I stay as the HC of Tennessee the entire time and I really don't like other SEC schools so I'll likely want a job in another conference. There isn't really 1 job that stands out as a "dream job."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 03:22 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

I plan on being the Def Cord at Troy St and hopefully it will land me at my School. Alabama. Course I wouldn't turn down an offer at other schools before I become the Head Man at Bama. and if i decide to do the Off Cord position then I would run Option Run, and Bring back the Good old days of the Bone.

& In another Dynasty I plan on doing Coach Bryant's Coaching Career and see if I can beat 322 wins.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:49 PM   #13
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2

Two dynasties:

First,
Alma mater- LSU
DC at small school
work my way up to HC at LSU
maybe start like at DC of USM, SDST, UCF, but not an AQ school.
i use 4-2-5 almost exclusively.
offense balanced with lots of I, ace, and shotgun although i don't mind throwing in some pistol and wildcat.

my other i will be an OC with the same off style as above.
i think i will choose a small school as my alma mater like tulane or La tech

because my hopes will be of landing a big time job (non-LSU) and going as far as i can (i don't want a big alma mater to influence my offers). i usually stay in SEC, acc, big 10 or big 12. i rarely end up in pac or big east. i enjoy UGA, tenn, and south car in sec; mich, penn st, and wisc in big ten (also now nebraska), FSU, UNC, Mia, or clemson in ACC, or UT ot TTU in big 12. if i have to go pac 10 it's to ASU or UO.

i've been playing this game since 96 and can honestly say i've never coached at bama, AU, or florida.
Chicago White Sox

Last edited by TDTGodfather; 05-24-2011 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I'll start at Akron as OC, and I'll have a very run heavy playbook with some power runs, some misdirection runs, and some option plays. I'll have some PA looks, and some straight up passes, but I'll only have a few shotgun plays.

I'll be looking for the HC at Virginia Tech.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 05-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #15
Rookie

Exile04's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm planning on being a DC at a small school like Akron or something. Then workign my way up to HC at Washington. Formt here i plan on going the JoPa way and staying there for 100 years until i die. Hopfully breakign the wins record.

As a DC i plan on running a blitz heavy 3-4. When i start running the Offense i will be running a Mix of spread but also have alot of heavy running plays.

Ill be focusing on OL, DL AND LB's
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #16
the team

k_mac's Arena

OVR: 17

OC at WKU. Turn the Hilltoppers into a pistol/run&shoot team. Hopefully the playbook for Hawaii has their pistol stuff in it. WKU because I think their new white helmet's pretty cool, that's it

If everything goes right, I'll take a job as an OC or HC at a BigXII or Pac12 school. After a few bowl wins, I'll go to Michigan, which will be my coach's alma mater.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »