Home

NCAA 12 top 25 rankings

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 top 25 rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #41
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NCAA 12 top 25 rankings

Why's everyone getting so upset with these rankings? Ya'll forget that preseason rankings aren't worth jack? The only thing these rankings are good for is watching early season "top 25 upsets," then going back at the end of the year and seeing that those weren't upsets, just highly overrated teams.

I always hate preseason rankings, always have a few teams that aren't that good that stay high ranked simply because people thought they were good at the beginning of the year. Same with a team A beating team B but being ranked lower still, simply because voters thought team B should be #4 at the start and team B #25.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Obviously Alabama will be unstoppable this year. They will destroy all of the massively inferior opponents they face and teams will be lucky to get a first down. Their average margin of victory in the SEC will be 56-0.

Anyone with half a brain can see that. Common sense.
Yup, can't wait to see them play Florida, Brantley and the Gators will be screaming mercy before the first half! I'm sure at the end of the season every high recruit from the SEC will transfer to Bama cause they know in NCAA 12 Bama will win 24 straight championships and that is true to life too.

Last edited by TMJOHNS18; 05-25-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Obviously Alabama will be unstoppable this year. They will destroy all of the massively inferior opponents they face and teams will be lucky to get a first down. Their average margin of victory in the SEC will be 56-0.

Calm down Auburn fan. You won your one national title in 50+ years, so cherish it.

Bama will be the favorite in the SEC this year, and probably to play in the national title game, in the game and in real life. I'm just repeating what most magazines, and experts on ESPN, SI, CBS, etc, are saying.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #43
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

im surprised Notre Dame made it

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 05-25-2011, 09:39 PM   #44
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Calm down Auburn fan. You won your one national title in 50+ years, so cherish it.

Bama will be the favorite in the SEC this year, and probably to play in the national title game, in the game and in real life. I'm just repeating what most magazines, and experts on ESPN, SI, CBS, etc, are saying.
Totally agree. After all, the SEC West is an extremely weak division, devoid of talent across the board.

In all seriousness, bammer will be good, but your post basically proclaiming that no one has a chance against a team that lost a Heisman RB, Best WR in school history, and 2 year starter at QB is stretching it at best.

Last edited by AuburnAlumni; 05-25-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #45
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

+1, Funny how people just drool over Bama to be this Unbeatable team.. Happen last year until South Carolina shut there trap for a while.. Lol with this guys thinking why even play the 2011 season let's just give it to Bama and skip it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2011, 10:23 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
I semi agree on this. We lost a ton...true. I'm not expecting a championship year. However, I'm also not expecting this sub 500 record folks are predicting. Our team has back to back top 5 classes that will be in the rotation this season. Inexperienced.....sure. Devoid of talent....hardly.
agreed, talent in still there and some explosive players. mccalebb is as dangerous as anyone in the sec in the open field, dyer id expect to be the 4th highest rated back in the sec, blake should probably be one of the top 20 junior wr's on the game. they probably should be 20-30th in talent on the game.

at the same time its not necessarily accurate to say just because a team lost so and so that they cant be nearly as good because you have to compare each team relative to the rest of the nation. all this talk goes out the window when the season starts, but the initial ratings should be somewhat of what an objective consensus would look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
a RB on offense who is more talented than the one they lost
maybe faster, maybe stronger, but ingram is overall the better rb, his vision and cutting ability is superior. however if richardson indeed matches their combined production from the past couple years or comes close then that offsets the loss.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:44 PM   #47
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
+1, Funny how people just drool over Bama to be this Unbeatable team.. Happen last year until South Carolina shut there trap for a while.. Lol with this guys thinking why even play the 2011 season let's just give it to Bama and skip it.

Lol come on man no one is saying they are unbeatable. I'm just saying I think they will have a better team this year, and they were pretty dang good last year, should have beat Auburn. You complained about Bama being ranked high, all I did was explain why they are rated high. I'm not even a Bama fan.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:47 PM   #48
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

No thread on OS is safe from Bama v. Auburn

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »