Home

NCAA 12 top 25 rankings

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 top 25 rankings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:54 AM   #57
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: NCAA 12 top 25 rankings

Alabama has capable QB's. At the end of the day, that's what Alabama wants and needs. We don't need an elite QB to win a national title.

We do need a stout running game and an elite defense. Both of which, we likely have. Just depends on injury luck. If we can avoid injuries to key players, we have a good shot at a national title in 2011.

That being said, you HAVE to put an SEC team either #1 or #2 in every pre-season poll considering the crystal ball hasn't left the conference since 2005. Can't go wrong with LSU or Alabama in that spot.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 05-26-2011, 02:30 AM   #58
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
In all fairness, Auburn and Bammer are the last two National Champions. If ever there was validity in discussing both, this is the time.

That being said... The discussion above is not "Bama vs Auburn". We're talking about Bammer being/not being a legit preseason #2 without Julio/Ingram/McElroy.
I don't think you can blame me for thinking that's where it could be heading. You can't deny that the Auburn and Alabama rivalry has threadjacked many topics on OS.

What I want to know is if Alabama is going to be crazy overpowered in the game again. As we all know, Alabama was nigh unstoppable last year(at least when left on it's own against the CPU, Ohio State was guilty of this too) which generally resulted in them winning an egregious amount of titles, and being a constant recruiting menace(Seriously, every year Bama was in top 3 for 80% of my targeted recruits).

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-26-2011, 06:30 AM   #59
Rookie

creamsodaboy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburn2004
I love west virginia this year. New fantastic OC and a matured geno smith... watch out
Smart man you are
Old 05-26-2011, 07:07 AM   #60
Rookie

Steelbeard's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm pretty insulted that they put Duke's offense as high as ours. That's a slap in the face of monumental proportions.

"Above all, I take with me the lasting commitment to answer the call of East Carolina, whenever and wherever I can serve."
Chancellor Leo Jenkins
Old 05-26-2011, 09:06 AM   #61
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

I personally think that the National Championship winner should stay at #1 until they lose a game, whether it be Auburn, Alabama or any other school, no matter how many players they lose.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 10:34 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRegan
I personally think that the National Championship winner should stay at #1 until they lose a game, whether it be Auburn, Alabama or any other school, no matter how many players they lose.
I could understand this in the NFL as you can keep a team mostly intact, but in college you could have a completely new team with more than half of starters being replaced.

But I do also think preseason rankings are worthless. Although we all love them and love to disect them they are irelevent. Just look at any years preseason rankings and compare them to the end of the year.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #63
MVP

OVR: 9

no insult to the poster who said it, but king of the mountain logic is stupid. if you're not playing like the no.1 team then you dont deserve to be no.1. same with any other ranking, if someone else is playing better football against better competition then they deserve to be ranked higher.

at the same time there shouldnt be preseason polls. that way after games are actually played people arent using a guessing game as a cheat sheet for where teams deserve to be ranked. say the first week of the season the no.18 team beats the no.1 team by double digits and no.2 team beats a I-AA team by the same amount. you'll still likely see the preseason no.2 team ranked higher than that no.18 team under the premise that the no.18 team needs to further prove itself which makes no sense.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #64
Why Not Us?

The_Wise_One's Arena

OVR: 27

nice mizzou cracked the top 25. I wonder where they would have been if gabbert and aldon had stayed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »