Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 12:21 PM   #25
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
I think it's both pathetic and disgusting, but nickel and diming is what EA does best. They are very good at manipulating the masses into buying crap that should be free.
Why should it be free?

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #26
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobbi3
It would be received much better by the community had EA labeled them as PDLC's from the beginning. I agree completely with you about the services being worth it. These two services and being able to commish 5 OD's for only $7.. Count me in. Add in the fact that they are allowing you a free 7 day trial of the online sim before you buy and they can please those that may not like the sim and just want to advance.
If memory serves, being a commisioner for 5 dynasties last year cost $15. So how come no one is griping about paying less for that this time around?
Old 05-26-2011, 12:27 PM   #27
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

It's really not a money issue, it's the mentality EA (and gaming companies in general) is setting. This year it's okay to charge extra for feature A, next year they'll charge extra for features A and B and the following year they'll charge extra for A, B and C all the while the community remains apathetic because they either feel it's not a lot of money or the pay feature is something they have no need for.

Both of those will change over time.

Last edited by prowler; 05-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #28
Rookie

arobbi3's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
It's really not a money issue, it's the mentality EA (and gaming companies in general) is setting. This year it's okay to charge extra for feature A, next year they'll charge extra for features A and B and the following year they'll charge extra for A, B and C all the while the community remains apathetic because they either feel it's not a lot of money or it's the pay feature is something they have no need for.

EA will change both of those over time.
If they start charging for more than online services/dynasty boosters and get obnoxious with the extra purchases, I just won't buy the game. It's an entirely different concept when they charge for things they should not be charging for and additions that aren't even run on the disc itself.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

What bothers me about it is that now you can at least partially "play" this game from your PC, yet the PC doesn't actually have a port of the actual game. I want a new NCAA and Madden on the PC soooooooooooooo bad.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #30
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

If they needed to charge for this, I guess I can understand that, but it shouldn't have been marketed as a "feature" in the game. They should have said something like, "Commissioners now have the option to add on additional web-based tools for their Online Dynasties for a small charge," and then list the super-sim and advance features.

That's not how this was marketed. It was marketed as something in the game, and the extra charge was intentionally announced at a later date in hopes that some people wouldn't find out about it. "In NCAA 12, you can Super-sim your Online Dynasty game right on your Computer! After an additional charge."

A $3 charge isn't that bad and this certainly isn't the worst or most misleading thing I've seen a company do; however, it seems like every time EA opens their mouth nowadays I have to wonder what they're really up to. Just be up front with me. I can take it.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:55 PM   #31
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

I hate just about all DLC, and Ive seen very little thats worth the price of admission...

I'll admit that this particular instance is extremely far down the list of Top Offenders of these sleeze ball tactics.....but Im not going to stop or argue anyone who wants to debate it

I especially have started to hate these competitive balance type issues with boost packs/cheats in online play.... Im a pretty big boxing fan and was really hoping to enjoy Online this go around with Fight Night Champion...But the way EA setup the Online World Championship with these boost packs just completely intrudes into and punishes the non-buyers experience with the game

If theres one thing that could kill gaming for me, its the industry screwing the consumer over with tons of so called "DLC"

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 12:58 PM   #32
Pro

sikolec's Arena

OVR: 8

What has gaming come to? Remember the day when you paid the full price for a game and you got all the features it came with?

I'm not so upset with EA for this specific, but the entire gaming industry. We have all these DLC for extra costs and exclusives if you pre-order with "insert retailer here". Why can't I just pay the $59.99 plus tax and get everything the game includes. Yes that $59.99 should include pro-combat uniforms (even if I don't pre-order with GameStop) and it should include all features of the game. I'm fed up with this and worry about the future of gaming. Little charges like these lead to more and more exclusives and DLC. Pretty soon we are going to have a bare bones game that you have to pay for everything little thing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »