Home

New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

This is a discussion on New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #473
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
No you didn't. If you are paying extra for either, you are still doing it wrong...

They are the same thing...
Where I buy my games, they charge you money to reserve the game (obviously for the convenience of having your own copy of the game before it sells out). How do you figure it doesn't cost you any extra to reserve a copy? Do you think they just do it for free? Then everyone would do it. I'm talking about the cost to reserve the game in addition to paying the regular price when it comes out.
Old 06-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #474
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: New Features Aren’t All Free in NCAA Football 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDFan1029
Where I buy my games, they charge you money to reserve the game (obviously for the convenience of having your own copy of the game before it sells out). How do you figure it doesn't cost you any extra to reserve a copy? Do you think they just do it for free? Then everyone would do it. I'm talking about the cost to reserve the game in addition to paying the regular price when it comes out.
if you getting taxed an extra 5 dollars to reserve or preorder any game you are doing it wrong and it does not cost any extra to reserve a copy.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:47 AM   #475
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I don't want to shop where you do.

It still cost me $62 and some change whether I pre-order a new game or not. If I pre-order a game, it should be $5.00 less than the $62 and some change total sales. So, I should be paying around $57 and some change when I pick up the game.

If the store you reserve your games for are charging you $67 and some change for the total bill, they have you hook, line and sinker and are over charging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2011, 09:33 AM   #476
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Yes they do it for free.

If this story is true then, you're getting ripped off.

Pre-Order's & Reserves are the same thing. Most of the time when I pre-order a game it's from Game Stop. The only time I pre-order and don't pay full price is if I some left over $$$ from a trade-in. Otherwise, I play in full (which is $59.99 +tax) every-time, no exceptions.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 AM   #477
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Wow, they are ripping you off then. $5 reserve/preorder is taking off the retail price, you are not paying an additional $5 to reserve/preorder the game.

Everyone doesn't do it, because a lot of people feel it's pointless. You can walk into any store on release day and get the game you are wanting.

Some people do it so they can do midnight releases or get the extra preorder bonus content.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #478
Rookie

NDFan1029's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
Wow, they are ripping you off then. $5 reserve/preorder is taking off the retail price, you are not paying an additional $5 to reserve/preorder the game.

Everyone doesn't do it, because a lot of people feel it's pointless. You can walk into any store on release day and get the game you are wanting.

Some people do it so they can do midnight releases or get the extra preorder bonus content.
OK, I got it now. I didn't know they cut the $5 for pre-order off the total cost, all they say is "Would you like to pre-order for $5?", so I didn't know. Shame on me for getting it mixed up. I know the way I said it made it sound like I always reserve games but I never do, lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #479
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Sorry to break it to you man but you've been getting ripped off. Amazon.com is your new friend.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #480
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
OK, I got it now. I didn't know they cut the $5 for pre-order off the total cost, all they say is "Would you like to pre-order for $5?", so I didn't know. Shame on me for getting it mixed up. I know the way I said it made it sound like I always reserve games but I never do, lol.
Don't feel bad, you're not the first to get confused about that, I hear it a LOT from folks I know..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »