Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #41
Rookie

nmm666's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinphat
still no word on conference prestige being dynamic or not which means it most likely won't be.

custom conferences is a great feature, but it's going to be lacking if the conference prestige doesn't fluctuate from year to year.

you could have 8 six star schools in CUSA and it would still have a C+ conference prestige....just isn't right.
Seems like this should be something they could easily address, no? Shouldn't the conference prestige be some sort of average of the prestige of the member teams?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
That 120-team limit better be gone next year. I'm glad they made these improvements, but I can still envision problems (some already mentioned). I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Conference prestige is an interesting notion, although I would imagine it does vary based upon the collective sum of the teams in the conference. Is that too hopeful?

And I'm not sure I understand it entirely. If you have a four-school conference, you still play 7 conference games? So you play the other teams twice plus one team three times? That makes absolutely no sense.
No, you only play each team in your conference once just like now; in order to reach 7 conference games, you play FCS teams. I'm hoping they just mean those games are filled by FCS teams and they don't actually count in conference standings. It isn't much better, but it is more realistic at least.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:55 PM   #43
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewst18
Or make FCS teams better? In reality that is what the WAC is going to be, they are going to bring in FCS teams.

The difference is that these FCS teams are improving quickly. Every year now it seems there is a FCS team that beats a decent to bigtime FBS team. I am sure a FCS team that hooks up with LA Tech would give em a good go, and it should be that way in the game.
This is what has always annoyed me about the way that this game implements I-AA teams. The logic at EA Sports seems to be that any FCS team is far worse than the worst FBS team. Simply not true, and the results on the field prove it every year.

These aren't just lucky upsets. I would even argue that the CAA is on the whole a stronger conference than some of the weaker FBS conferences (Sun Belt, MAC, etc)

EA Sports seems to be way behind the times - first completely removing FCS teams from the game in like 2007 or so, and then replacing them with aggregated regional teams that are truly putrid. It's simply not accurate to what is happening in college football right now.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
And I'm not sure I understand it entirely. If you have a four-school conference, you still play 7 conference games? So you play the other teams twice plus one team three times? That makes absolutely no sense.
No you play against 4 1-AA teams, which means they have to win 9 games to be Bowl-Eligible. It's not ideal unless they made the 1-AA teams as good as low-level 1-A teams.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
No you play against 4 1-AA teams, which means they have to win 9 games to be Bowl-Eligible. It's not ideal unless they made the 1-AA teams as good as low-level 1-A teams.
I dont know about that. Although, if they do implement the real FBS bowl eligibility rules, that means more bowl bids will be available. Anything possible to give more at large bowl bids so rearrangements yield more positives than negatives. But if those FCS games are treated as conference games, then they just need the usual 6.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2011, 08:03 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by justblaze09
If this is the case then I'm fine with this. They should have to win 9 games to make a bowl if they get to play 4 I-AA teams.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:09 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 4
Icon13 Re: NCAA Football 12 Blog - Custom Conferences

except that NCAA doesn't follow bowl eligibility rules, and the most important thing in the game is winning, so beating those 4 I-AA teams will help them increase their prestige. big fail on EA's part
Old 05-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skull
except that NCAA doesn't follow bowl eligibility rules, and the most important thing in the game is winning, so beating those 4 I-AA teams will help them increase their prestige. big fail on EA's part
??? The NCAA doesn't follow their own eligibility rules? They make them lol. I'm not going to dig it up, but there is a rule about how many FCS wins you can use in a number of seasons to apply towards bowls. They may be able to use those wins for one year, but the next few seasons, they would need to go undefeated outside of those games to make a bowl game.

And it wont' increase their prestige. Think about it. They basically have 4 teams that are rated D+ at the best. If you were doing a dynasty and made all your OOC games against the generic FCS teams, do you think you would have a good strength of schedule? I doubt that at 12-0, with 9 games against the FCS (4 team conference, every other game against weakest opponent possible) that you would help your case. If you do, that is another flaw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »