Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Dynasty Tuning and More Details on Coaching Carousel within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: New Dynasty Blog - Dynasty Tuning

Some nice tweaks. Nothing I'm going to get overly excited about until we get the game and can confirm that they actually work as intended, but not a bad blog overall.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Looks good!

The only "complaint" I have is that he mentioned it's possible you can move from a 1 star defensive coordinator to a 6 star head coaching job in 2-4 years if you do well. It should take a LOOOONG time to move up that much.

not a 6* program, but malzahn could have gone from a hs hc to sec oc to decent hc in about 3-4 years. he was offered at least 1 hc job in a bcs conf, but turned it down.

to get to a destination job (6* school) it should take longer, but to get to a decent hc job it should be possible, but not the norm by any means.

but yes, 1* oc/dc to 6* hc should be 7-10 years min, and that's if you killed it all the way through, plus luck on job openings.

EDIT: maybe urban meyer is the best example of climbing up to 6* hc from nowhere so fast. he never was a coord, but he went from hc at bowling green to hc at uf in 5 years. you could, i guess, consider his wr coach years at nd as his coord position, which was for 5 years also.

so from nd assistant caoch to hc at uf in 10 years. highly unusual, but doable.

Last edited by theharbinater; 05-27-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #35
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

Now I'm buying this for sure. They said they fixed recruit ratings and hopefully that includes weights / height.

The heisman fix seems nice too but that doesn't say if they fixed the Championship logic that always favored players / teams playing in a championship game.

Oh well, time to go put in my preorder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #36
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
not a 6* program, but malzahn could have gone from a hs hc to sec oc to decent hc in about 3-4 years. he was offered at least 1 hc job in a bcs conf, but turned it down.

to get to a destination job (6* school) it should take longer, but to get to a decent hc job it should be possible, but not the norm by any means.

but yes, 1* oc/dc to 6* hc should be 7-10 years min, and that's if you killed it all the way through, plus luck on job openings.

EDIT: maybe urban meyer is the best example of climbing up to 6* hc from nowhere so fast. he never was a coord, but he went from hc at bowling green to hc at uf in 5 years. you could, i guess, consider his wr coach years at nd as his coord position, which was for 5 years also.

so from nd assistant caoch to hc at uf in 10 years. highly unusual, but doable.
The issue is balancing realism with generally being fun. For the majority taking 10 years to be even considered for a AQ - Job is ridiculous. Might take needing some house rules to prevent yourself from leaping too fast, but the coach loyalty rating also will tune down and make it harder to be a fast success since your loyalty would be terrible.

We do wan't realism but there is an extent to that. A completely realistic game doesn't mean it's always fun.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #37
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25

Personally, I'm still a little worried about the CPU hoarding problem. Sure they'll recruit to their style but that does that just mean that an option school will end up with 7 scrambling QBs.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #38
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

No word on the demo.
Information leaked before the blogs came out so nothing surprising.
No neutral site games confirmed.
What about Ohio State getting 3 of the top 5 Quarterbacks on the ESPNU 150?
Old 05-27-2011, 03:22 PM   #39
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
The issue is balancing realism with generally being fun. For the majority taking 10 years to be even considered for a AQ - Job is ridiculous. Might take needing some house rules to prevent yourself from leaping too fast, but the coach loyalty rating also will tune down and make it harder to be a fast success since your loyalty would be terrible.

We do wan't realism but there is an extent to that. A completely realistic game doesn't mean it's always fun.
That is so true man. I want to have ton's of fun when I play video games.

Bottom line for me first and foremost. I will always give up a little realisim to jump up out of my chair in joy.

We are going to be in for treat this year with NCAA 12 and Madden 12!

I was pumped about reading the recruiting tuning for CPU teams. Option teams not grabbing pocket passers etc. Good stuff.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #40
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattUMD224
the blog i waited for the most left me underwhelmed

Understatement of the day. I was hoping for exciting news about dynasty mode but it is appears that the real improvements were either CC or web-based content.

I spend 99% of my time in dynasty. It sounds like EA spent 1% of their development cycle time & resources on dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »