Home

Option teams will recruit scambling QBs, But...

This is a discussion on Option teams will recruit scambling QBs, But... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2011, 05:53 PM   #33
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_457
I think that's more Brantley's fault than it was the system. Chris leak did just fine before in Meyer's system. Gus Malzhan showed how flexible it can be too. He was the OC at tulsa before Auburn. In Malzhan's last year, David Johnson threw for 4,531 yards, that's a stark contrast from the offense he ran last year.
Exactly. Again the notion that the spread requires a mobile qb is 100% false. Rich Rods included.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:19 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Option teams will recruit scambling QBs, But...

I know not ALL spread offenses need mobile QB's to be effective... Missouri, Northwestern, Notre Dame, etc are all examples. That is pretty obvious.

My Concern is for the teams that are designated in NCAA as "Spread" teams when in reality they are more "Option" teams like Auburn, Oregon, etc. In real life... these programs can adjust their playbook to work with a non-mobile QB... but not in NCAA11... and I suspect the same will be true in NCAA12.

Because the CPU will run the same plays regardless of who they recruit... I believe these "Spread" teams would be better suited recruiting mobile QBs because most of their plays are Option/Zone-Read plays... which makes these teams a joke when they try to run that with QB's that have 50-60 speed.

Last edited by greasyindiekid; 05-28-2011 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:48 PM   #35
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by greasyindiekid
I know not ALL spread offenses need mobile QB's to be effective... Missouri, Northwestern, Notre Dame, etc are all examples. That is pretty obvious.

My Concern is for the teams that are designated in NCAA as "Spread" teams when in reality they are more "Option" teams like Auburn, Oregon, etc. In real life... these programs can adjust their playbook to work with a non-mobile QB... but not in NCAA11... and I suspect the same will be true in NCAA12.

Because the CPU will run the same plays regardless of who they recruit... I believe these "Spread" teams would be better suited recruiting mobile QBs because most of their plays are Option/Zone-Read plays... which makes these teams a joke when they try to run that with QB's that have 50-60 speed.

Exactly. This is the reason they need to split up the spread. There should be atleast two separate spread offenses... Regular, and Spread Option.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2011, 09:49 PM   #36
Rookie

RamblinWreck21's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
Exactly. This is the reason they need to split up the spread. There should be atleast two separate spread offenses... Regular, and Spread Option.
Agreed. The REAL Auburn can adjust with a balanced/pocket passer, but on NCAA the CPU Auburn would run the same plays it did with Cam Newton with a guy with 44 speed at QB.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:49 PM   #37
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

There are a couple of problems here.

1. Coaches don't tailor their playcalling around their players.(I think we're a long way from fixing this problem)

2. Playbooks aren't as specific as they should be. There should be different kind of Spreads, Pro-style, or Air Raids.(This is something that needs to be addressed)

3. Players arent specific enough. Players need to have more tendenices which includes players natural position and/or type of offense or defense they fit.(I talked about this in my http://www.operationsports.com/forum...cies-ncaa.html thread)

When you combine more specific playbooks with players fitting certain schemes that would go along way in making sure the right players find the right coaches and/or playbooks.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 05-29-2011, 02:14 PM   #38
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

But then when you get into typecasting (he should do such-and-such really well), you might arrive at the point where we are with 5'10" 180 lb. ATHs whose best position according to the game is at DE.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »