Home

Up and Coming Players

This is a discussion on Up and Coming Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:48 PM   #41
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Up and Coming Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Trovon Reed a 74? Nice work, EA. Way to be informed. Reed will tear the field in half this season whether Gus places him in the wildcat, HB, or slot. He'll have a 94 rating next year.

You'll see.
Ratings are stretched. High 70s is good for him at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Alabama WR Duron Carter. JUCO transferr this year. I dont think hes in the game, but if so, I guarantee he will be underrated. He is the son of Chris Carter and has a great blance of size,speed, and incredible hands and footwork. The guys on cfb live brought him up in conversation yesterday and stated they were blown away by the vids of his workouts and they believed he would have a big year at Bama. When you see this guy sporting the #8 jersey you will think Julio Jones never left and developed bettet hands. Dequan Menzie #24 CB is vastly underrated at a 76 OVR. He is the best man cover CB on the team and appears to have beaten out Millner 86OVR for the starting spot. Menzie should be an 88-89 OVR.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 8

For Michigan State, 6'6 260 TE Dion Sims. Had legal troubles last year and was suspended the whole year. Returns this year and had 2 TD's in the spring game. Rare combination of size and speed makes him a matchup nightmare. On defense, 6'7 265 DE Will Gholston was a 5* and best incoming prospect in the Big Ten a year ago. He was slowed last season by shoulder injuries which he has season ending surgery on. Gholston impressed Dantonio and Narduzzi in spring ball and no one in East Lansing would be surprised if he broke out for a All Big Ten season.

Also, not up and coming, but most NFL mock drafts have DT Jerel Worthy going between 5 and 10 in the first round and the best Junior defensive tackle in the nation. EA rates him an 83. Oh well, thats what you get when you have a homer UM grad producing the game.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #44
Rookie

Bucknut17's Arena

OVR: 5

duron carter has a chance to be very good if he gets his act together and gets it done in the classroom, he showed flashes his freshman year at tOSU. great hands, long wr with good not great speed.... hopefully he does better than the 0.0 gpa he carried his last semester in columbus.

rod smith rs fresh for osu. he is the prototypical buckeye running back 6'2" 220lbs one of if not the top rb in the midwest as a senior and with boom herron out the first 5 weeks he will get plenty of chances to show his skills. coaches and players have compared him to beanie wells due to his size and speed
Old 06-30-2011, 02:36 PM   #45
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Lol. I think you are right about Duron. But, I also think Daddy Chris has given him an earful and straightened him out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #46
MVP

WizKhid's Arena

OVR: 10

Lamar Miller "The U!"

Touched the ball 108 time in only 11 games and had 653 yards. He avg 5.8 and 6 TDs while being the 3rd running back at miami. So i think since he will be the number 1 back this year i think he could maybe break Miami season rushing record.

Miami Hurricanes|Houston Texans|Sacramento Kings
Old 07-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

My man Keenan Allen aTrue Sophomore that is nothing but upside. He was the most exciting player on the Cal offense last season despite dealing with in incompetant QB. Now hes a year older and the starting QB is his half brother Zach Maynard, so its an understatment to say hes used to playing with him. Allen might also play some safety or corner this season as well. Allen was actually the top corner in his class and one of the top 50 recievers in his class and now Coach Jeff Tedford is going to unleash the beast on defense this year.
This is a highlight tape of the UC Davis game last year(yes I know its a D2 school but still this kid has talent):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5UsL4371Jc

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »