Home

No NCAA Football on the Floor @ E3?

This is a discussion on No NCAA Football on the Floor @ E3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #25
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: No NCAA Football on the Floor @ E3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
if there is something that they don't want them to talk about yet until EA "officially" announces it(RTG), that would be the only reason I can think of yet. other games do it, but it does seem kind of strange for a game coming out next month is doing it though.
But can't they just lock the RTG part of the game out?

Honestly, I think it's b/c Madden is the star EA Sports franchise and they had a down year last year and a potential lockout to the NFL season. I think they didn't want NCAA stealing any of their thunder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 05:24 PM   #26
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

It is what it is.....Does it sound fishy ? yes...... Does it really mean anything ? Probably not, who knows.

You would think that a game that is coming out next month, you would have it on the floor for everybody can see it and ya know, get people hyped about it and want to buy it.

By having it behind closed doors, 98% of people there won't even see it or be thinking about it.

But hey, it is what it is. I wouldn't be surprised in the near future EA gets out of the college sports business all together.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:28 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
It is what it is.....Does it sound fishy ? yes...... Does it really mean anything ? Probably not, who knows.

You would think that a game that is coming out next month, you would have it on the floor for everybody can see it and ya know, get people hyped about it and want to buy it.

By having it behind closed doors, 98% of people there won't even see it or be thinking about it.

But hey, it is what it is. I wouldn't be surprised in the near future EA gets out of the college sports business all together.
Me either. Especially since the exclusive license is up. I would be surprised if they extended it. I think NCAA 13 might be the last NCAA game
Old 06-07-2011, 05:29 PM   #28
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Likking what I am reading on twitter from romo_timex9. Let's just hope the game stays as polished as he says it is. Liking the fact that someone mentioned they got burned by a 50 yd QB scramble for a TD. Also says line play is way better and presentation blows 11 out of the water. Good news so far.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #29
Rookie

Vikefan24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOkami
$50-$60+ price tags?
Is this your first generation of gaming? serious question..
Old 06-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #30
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
But can't they just lock the RTG part of the game out?

Honestly, I think it's b/c Madden is the star EA Sports franchise and they had a down year last year and a potential lockout to the NFL season. I think they didn't want NCAA stealing any of their thunder.
they could, most games do that, only bring parts of the game they want to show off. with NCAA, maybe they wanted to show the RTG stuff off at E3 and "officially" announce it later this week or early next week. It's not really an uncommon thing at E3, although I'm not sure if NCAA(or even Madden at that) was ever done that way before.

Madden and Fifa are always the head titles at EA Sports. they are their top sellers. and SSX seems to be a game they are promoting as well this year, although I don't really care/know much about it myself.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 06-07-2011, 05:36 PM   #31
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
NCAA will never steal Madden's thunder. Maybe from the hardcore internet crowd it can, but overall Madden will always get top billing over NCAA.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2011, 05:37 PM   #32
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Anyone know the handles of people on twitter with hands on time? I wanna check the tidbits they say.

At least some conifirmation that qb's scramble now which is good. But just wanna see some other info they can pass on

sent from parts unknown

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »