Home

PA Pass?

This is a discussion on PA Pass? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PA Pass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevj349
It doesn't count as a play action if you roll your QB almost all the way to the sideline. My buddy told me he could run them and show me how. He really can't he just sprints toward the right sideline after the fake handoff, you should be able to stay back around the pocket, but you can't.
Considering the best play action plays for me are the ones where every receiver goes in that same direction it is then natural for the quarterback to roll that way too, it helps with the pass lanes. So yes it counts but I understand your point and it is a valid one. Play action and staying in the pocket is just asking for an injured quarterback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #26
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by He1nousOne1
Considering the best play action plays for me are the ones where every receiver goes in that same direction it is then natural for the quarterback to roll that way too, it helps with the pass lanes. So yes it counts but I understand your point and it is a valid one. Play action and staying in the pocket is just asking for an injured quarterback.
So if the QB in real life stays in the pocket he's at risk?

Not every PA needs to have roll or boot action.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:33 PM   #27
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
So if the QB in real life stays in the pocket he's at risk?

Not every PA needs to have roll or boot action.
I'm not saying PA doesn't need to be fixed. I was responding to the person's post that said rolling the quarterback out on a Play Action doesn't count. It does count, it just doesn't count for everything.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:43 PM   #28
Hail West Virginia

mtoo22's Arena

It looks like it is improving from everything ive seen so far
Old 06-12-2011, 01:44 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 29

on AA have you guys tried PA out of any of the ace formations? I use the generic one back playbook and when I use PA it's typically out of either the base 2 TE set or the base 3 WR set. I don't run it a lot probably only around 7-10 times per game at the most and of course I'll get sacked on occasion, but not nearly as often as what I'm hearing here. My guess is that the one back formation play fakes aren't as drawn out as much, but I don't really have much to compare it to
Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #30
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
on AA have you guys tried PA out of any of the ace formations? I use the generic one back playbook and when I use PA it's typically out of either the base 2 TE set or the base 3 WR set. I don't run it a lot probably only around 7-10 times per game at the most and of course I'll get sacked on occasion, but not nearly as often as what I'm hearing here. My guess is that the one back formation play fakes aren't as drawn out as much, but I don't really have much to compare it to
I find most Fullbacks in NCAA 11 are very slow of the mind. So when dropping back in a play action with a fullback set up if you drop back straight you run right into the full back which ruins your momentum and down you go. Your one back formation would solve that problem as well as why I roll out of my play action formations because they often have a full back in them and going straight back leads to a lovely collision with my dumb fullback thus causing another wonderful collision with a defensive tackle.
Old 06-12-2011, 01:47 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I hope it is good enough to be consistent. I dont mind seeing defense get a sack or two. But not a every time thing.
I plan on running a Run-Heavy Pro-Style Playbook. I would like to have 60-75% of my passes to be PA. So I hope it works.
We'll see when the demo drops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #32
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

While people may be all happy that the QB didn't get sacked on that play (which is good ) But the point of playaction is to make the LB's and Safety's think your running. In that play neither of the safety's or 3 LB's bit on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »