Home

Duplicate Numbers

This is a discussion on Duplicate Numbers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:32 PM   #9
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Duplicate Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick11
this isn't a huge deal to me but I have to admit that it's annoying in RTG whenever you pick a team and your favorite number is taken
I take it your team doesn't have any players then with the same numbers.

For USC

#7 - QB - Matt Barkley, S - TJ McDonald
#10 - WR - De'Von Flournoy, LB Hayes Pullard
#13 - QB Max Wittek, LB Tre Madden
#15 - CB Ryan Henderson, QB Jesse Scroggins
#19 - WR Brice Butler, S Drew McCallister
#21 - WR Kyle Prater, CB Nickell Robey
#34 - RB - DJ Morgan, CB Tony Burnett
#48 - K Andre Heidari, FB Hunter Simmons

And these aren't walk ons that won't be in the included roster set. These are all contributers who will be in the game

Last edited by franch1se; 06-10-2011 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Agreed with everyone here that says it should be taken out. Didn't the past-gens give you the ability to have one number on offense and one on defense that was the same?

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 06-10-2011, 08:02 PM   #11
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty
They don't even really have to add anything, just remove the code that checks for used jersey numbers in the edit screen. I'm saying don't even bother trying to have more intricate and realistic checks, just remove the checks... the default rosters will be correct, the community rosters will be correct... what are those checks protecting us from? The casual fan is likely not even touching the roster editor, and the hardcore fan will know enough to watch the jersey numbers on his own.
The only issue with doing that is that you could sign 4 LBs and they are all number 54. You'd end up with multiple players on one side of the ball having the same number through recruiting classes, unless they add in new coding to prevent it.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 PM   #12
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
The only issue with doing that is that you could sign 4 LBs and they are all number 54. You'd end up with multiple players on one side of the ball having the same number through recruiting classes, unless they add in new coding to prevent it.
I'd think it'd be pretty easy to set it to where you could only have duplicate numbers with 1 on either side of the ball. Makes sense. Seems simple enough.
Old 06-10-2011, 10:24 PM   #13
Pro

Reggie16's Arena

OVR: 10

This is one of those BIG little things that bothers me. Something small that would add lots of realism to the game. Come on EA

Patiently Wating.....Madden 12, Ncaa 12
Old 06-11-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Exaclty, leave that code in there for generating recruiting classes, just remove the check for when a user is manually editing players...

I agree that the best way would be to have it realistically limit numbers to one on offense and one on defense... but if that is EAs excuse for not doing it, then id rather them remove the checks from manual edits alltogether rather than what is there now.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #15
Banned

NDIrish156's Arena

OVR: 0

how can they do it on the default rosters but not regularly. an example is auburn last year...Newton had 2 and there was a defensive player with the same number. i dont understand how they can do it by default yet they cant put it in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
MVP

CcAaRrSsOoNn3's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDIrish156
how can they do it on the default rosters but not regularly. an example is auburn last year...Newton had 2 and there was a defensive player with the same number. i dont understand how they can do it by default yet they cant put it in the game.
Good question. Likely due to EA laziness.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »