Home

lack of gameplay videos???

This is a discussion on lack of gameplay videos??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 10:57 AM   #25
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: lack of gameplay videos???

I have a theory that I believe has been the case for the last 5 years. I honestly think that Tiburon alternates which game they're gonna focus on each year. This year is Madden's turn. If you go back the last few years for both of these series: Madden 08 > NCAA 08, NCAA 09 > Madden 09, Madden 10 > NCAA 10, NCAA 11 > Madden 11. Anyway, last year around this time, people were complaining about the lack of info and vids for Madden. It wasn't as bad as NCAA this year, but it was still pretty bad. I just think this will be the natural cycle of the series from now on. I think this year was a little worse because, like some of you said, they want to put a lil extra focus on Madden for whatever reason. Next year, I'm pretty sure we'll be saying the same stuff about Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #26
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Game play > all

Custom conferences, coaching carousel, RTG, Online Dynasty, bands in the correct seat, correct team entrances, custom play books, etc.......

Don't mean jack if the game play is messed up.

I would take player traits and DPP over flying birds and band members seating in the correct section of a stadium any day of the week.
My point exactly...

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 06-15-2011, 12:04 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I have a theory that I believe has been the case for the last 5 years. I honestly think that Tiburon alternates which game they're gonna focus on each year. This year is Madden's turn. If you go back the last few years for both of these series: Madden 08 > NCAA 08, NCAA 09 > Madden 09, Madden 10 > NCAA 10, NCAA 11 > Madden 11. Anyway, last year around this time, people were complaining about the lack of info and vids for Madden. It wasn't as bad as NCAA this year, but it was still pretty bad. I just think this will be the natural cycle of the series from now on. I think this year was a little worse because, like some of you said, they want to put a lil extra focus on Madden for whatever reason. Next year, I'm pretty sure we'll be saying the same stuff about Madden.
I would have to agree with this statement. Although I would argue that Madden 09 was better then NCAA 09, but that is just splitting hairs because neither one of those games were great.

On a side note, I am trying to concince myself to not buy NCAA this year because when Madden gets here I won't play much NCAA. I know that I am going to cave and buy it, but we'll see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 06-15-2011, 01:48 PM   #28
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I would have to agree with this statement. Although I would argue that Madden 09 was better then NCAA 09, but that is just splitting hairs because neither one of those games were great.

On a side note, I am trying to concince myself to not buy NCAA this year because when Madden gets here I won't play much NCAA. I know that I am going to cave and buy it, but we'll see.
I agree about Madden 09 and NCAA 09. I gave NCAA 09 the edge though because of online dynasty. That was a big thing to introduce that year. The fact that it was in NCAA before OF was in Madden is what I was focusing on.

Yeah, I was in the same boat as you with trying to resist buying NCAA. Alas my flesh got the better of me and I've reserved it already.
Old 06-17-2011, 12:39 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I agree about Madden 09 and NCAA 09. I gave NCAA 09 the edge though because of online dynasty. That was a big thing to introduce that year. The fact that it was in NCAA before OF was in Madden is what I was focusing on.

Yeah, I was in the same boat as you with trying to resist buying NCAA. Alas my flesh got the better of me and I've reserved it already.
You reserved it already?! You didn't hold out very long...in the end I am sure we will both have on release date, so maybe I should just go ahead and pay for it.

*Have there been any videos with a human playing the cpu where the cpu is playing offense? The lack of videos is a concern for me that maybe the game isn't that great. I can't wait to play the demo and see how it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »