Home

How should ratings compare to Madden?

This is a discussion on How should ratings compare to Madden? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Should ratings be the same?
Yes, but only certain ratings. 32 40.51%
Yes, all ratings in Madden and NCAA should be the same. Players in NCAA should just be lower overall ratings. 13 16.46%
No, a 99 in NCAA should not be a 99 in Madden on the field. 34 43.04%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #25
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How should ratings compare to Madden?

One problem is we know way too much about players.

You could force feed a player with a 70 OVR and have him break all sorts of records, but he'd never make it into the NFL draft due to the OVR cutoff. While you could also bench a 99 OVR player and he'd make the draft despite never playing a snap.

So the 70 OVR player never gets a chance to make the pros and bust. Even though IRL it's likely he'd be a high draft pick. The 99 OVR player would probably be a sleeper at best but IRL but he'd have a 1st round grade in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #26
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
One problem is we know way too much about players.

You could force feed a player with a 70 OVR and have him break all sorts of records, but he'd never make it into the NFL draft due to the OVR cutoff. While you could also bench a 99 OVR player and he'd make the draft despite never playing a snap.

So the 70 OVR player never gets a chance to make the pros and bust. Even though IRL it's likely he'd be a high draft pick. The 99 OVR player would probably be a sleeper at best but IRL but he'd have a 1st round grade in Madden.
I like that. One thing that is bad if the draft classes match perfect between the games then we won't need to scout anyone really in Madden. If we play through a Dynasty and can recall players who won awards and especially if you have a team with high talent, then once you go to Madden you know who to pick and who not to.

One thing I would like fixed is imported draft classes with 0 hit or miss picks in them. Basically Madden just sorts them for draft rank in order of how good they are. With Madden's draft picks you can get bust all the time, but with imported you just pick the best available and it's almost 0 risk with getting a bust. Plus, most picks past round 5 suck and aren't worth anything.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #27
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
I think a 99 ovr player in NCAA should be an 83 or so in Madden.

I agree that speed is speed...MAYBE just knock it down a notch or two because after a year in NFL they will progress that point back anyway but awareness should be a big one that takes a hit to lower OVR rating from NCAA to Madden, the other smaller things like ball carrier vision, RB moves, blocking attributes, etc. should get lowered and then built back up in dynasty mode but speed, strength, and to a lesser extent agility and acceleration (the NFL is a quicker game).
That's pretty much how I feel about it to. Those once in a blue moon rookies (Suh for example) should come in in the low 80s. However, most 1st round rookies should come in closer to the lower 70s. I'd say lower speed and quickness a little but, take their other attributes should go down quite a bit.
It definitely shouldn't just be random.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

In the past two Maddens it seems like draft classes put a lot of emphasis on height, and it seems like they got their ideal heights per position from Todd McShay.

It seemed like if your QB wasn't 6'7", he couldn't get an A potential. Again, all of this is moot though now that we can edit the draft classes. Now, all we have to do is import the NCAA classes for the players, then just change the ratings and traits while playing Madden.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:15 PM   #29
Rookie

GeneralMike's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm not sure where I stand on this one. I agree with the idea that things that can be quantified (speed, strength, agility, acceleration) should remain the same from game to game, but I could go either way on the objective ratings. If they want to go with the same, then you really need to tone down the ratings across the board. If you are going by the Madden scale, the number of college players who are 90 in those type of categories should be like 1 a year if you are lucky. I think that would lead to people being edit happy, but that's personal preference too.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:45 AM   #30
MVP

cdk10's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
I think physical attributes (Spd, Agi, Acc, Strength, Jumping should remain the same. You don't get slower just cuz you go pro, or weaker. The difference is that you are going against other fast and strong guys, where in college you don't see elite speed and strength every week. It is the other ratings that should be different. Of course they could just remain the same level and lower the college one's for things like BCV, Route running, Block shedding, PBF, RBF, etc. These are things that most rookies have to improve before getting significant time in the NFL. It is also the reason most non 1st round OL, DL, RB don't immediately start. They also need to add the different QB ratings to make it anywhere to realistic.
This. No guy gets slower or weaker when they move to the pros. The positional ratings are what need to take the biggest hit. The physical ratings should not drop more than 3 to 4 points at most.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:53 AM   #31
MVP

cdk10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
In the past two Maddens it seems like draft classes put a lot of emphasis on height, and it seems like they got their ideal heights per position from Todd McShay.

It seemed like if your QB wasn't 6'7", he couldn't get an A potential. Again, all of this is moot though now that we can edit the draft classes. Now, all we have to do is import the NCAA classes for the players, then just change the ratings and traits while playing Madden.
The factors it took into account were height, weight & school. You could have 2 players with the exact same rating, one at say Texas & the other at North Texas. The one from Texas will 98% come in with the higher ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #32
MVP

cdk10's Arena

Hey canes21, you should really post this in the Madden forum. The NCAA team has nothing to do with how the players transfer over, that is the Madden team completely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »