Home

Coaches Prestige

This is a discussion on Coaches Prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2011, 03:21 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Coaches Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I don't think Saban is the best coach in the NCAA.
Then you do not know college football my friend.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:22 PM   #10
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
I don't think Saban is the best coach in the NCAA.
As much as I dislike Alabama and Saban, Saban is hands down the best coach in College, hands down. As for the OP's list, noway Gundy is a top 15 coach. JoePa is an A no questions ask. If you have questions, then you need to follow a different sport. As for the prestige for the coaches, I would say theharbinater has the best looking idea from what I've seen.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 06-15-2011, 03:45 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_0_3
I was looking at Prestige as a "how good are they now" rating. I understand how you are using it though as a judgement more of their entire careers. With that being said, I just don't see Paterno currently being the best coach in America, or even close to it. His assistants are highly rated, because they do all of the work.

i dont disagree. that's why i put weight on the last 3 years. i've been thinking about putting more weight on it, but haven't had time to mess with it lately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #12
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0

My thoughts were drifting to how a coaches prestige increases how a team progresses. The better a coach is, the better his recruits will progress. If their prestige is built into the sim (Idk if that is the case or not) then this would be another reason to take the current quality of the coach into account. I was more focused on progression though. Players increase at Penn State because of the Coordinators, not because of Joe anymore, even though he will go down as a legend.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
My thoughts were drifting to how a coaches prestige increases how a team progresses. The better a coach is, the better his recruits will progress. If their prestige is built into the sim (Idk if that is the case or not) then this would be another reason to take the current quality of the coach into account. I was more focused on progression though. Players increase at Penn State because of the Coordinators, not because of Joe anymore, even though he will go down as a legend.
In the game, Coach Prestige has nothing to do with how players progress, only as the grade for that pitch in recruiting.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
Rookie

catcher_0_3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
In the game, Coach Prestige has nothing to do with how players progress, only as the grade for that pitch in recruiting.
Ok, I must have misunderstood. Do coordinators then affect the progress of their units? In that case, based on recruiting prowess, my top 10 would look something like:

1.) Mack Brown
2.) Nick Saban
3.) Jimbo Fisher
4.) Joe Paterno
5.) Les Miles
6.) Mark Richt
7.) Bob Stoops
8.) Gene Chizik
9.) Dabo Sweney
10.) Butch Davis
Old 06-15-2011, 07:34 PM   #15
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Ok, I must have misunderstood. Do coordinators then affect the progress of their units? In that case, based on recruiting prowess, my top 10 would look something like:

1.) Mack Brown
2.) Nick Saban
3.) Jimbo Fisher
4.) Joe Paterno
5.) Les Miles
6.) Mark Richt
7.) Bob Stoops
8.) Gene Chizik
9.) Dabo Sweney
10.) Butch Davis
I guess we won't know that until the game comes out. I would anticipate that adding coordinators doesn't do much more than giving another "pitch" to use in recruiting for how good your coordinators are and adding some pipelines. I figure that the reason EA is adding alma maters to coaches is so that those states that their alma maters are in would be easier to recruit in for those coaches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleShreen
that's not true it's been said that your coach prestige rating does provide a boost during player training. this quote is straight from the CC blog on the game site
Quote:
Coach Prestige rating impacts several areas of the game including Recruiting, Player Progression, and the quality of the teams that could potentially be interested during the Carousel Stage

Last edited by moylan1234; 06-15-2011 at 10:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »