Home

Ps3 or 360 version.

This is a discussion on Ps3 or 360 version. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #9
Rookie

BigBlue10989's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ps3 or 360 version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Xbox Live has been hacked. It was a few years ago. It was down about 10 days or so. People just seemed to forget by the time PSN went down.
Xbox Live was never hacked. IT was down because its servers could not handle the traffic it experienced after the holiday season. XBOX Live users' information was never compromised.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/14101..._problems.html
Old 06-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
I would go 360. But at the same time if you are not big on online the PS3 should do just fine. Online sports gaming is better on the 360 that's for sure

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Get it on the 360. I've had a PS3 for years and just picked up a 360 a few months ago and I'm going to pick up both football games on the 360 this year because EA makes the game on the 360 then ports it over to the PS3, so I'd rather just get it on the 360 and avoid any small issues that might show up on the PS3 version, like the short replay clips in last years game.
Actually a developer last year said on these forums this is not true and they are made side by side and its not ported.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito2009
Actually a developer last year said on these forums this is not true and they are made side by side and its not ported.
I thought I remembered hearing the same thing. I think the port over thing has gotten to the point that it's so accepted by the community that true or not people are just going with it.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
XBOX Live was hacked back in 07, but it didn't make the servers go down for 10 days. A few people had their accounts' MS Points stolen, or had random purchases made with their accounts. It wasn't anywhere close to the level of the PSN hack. I've been a member of XBL for 7 years now and the only time I remember it crashing was Christmas week when a new CoD was out and XBL could not handle the amount of people online in that game, or any other game for that matter.

As for which console... whichever controller you prefer and/or whichever system you'll have the most friends on. There are no major differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue10989
Xbox Live was never hacked. IT was down because its servers could not handle the traffic it experienced after the holiday season. XBOX Live users' information was never compromised.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/14101..._problems.html
Ok, one of you says accounts were compromised; how else could purchases be made on accounts. The other says it was just too much traffic. Actually, it's both!

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/x...nts-stolen/131
Old 06-18-2011, 02:58 PM   #14
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

As a PS3 owner and loyalist I must sadly admit that after paying very clost attention to the differences in the two versions of Madden and NCAA over the last few years, and based on the videos this year plus reports from people who were at E3, it appears that once again the 360 version is going to have a slight edge in game appearance and smoothness.

Online wise, I personally prefer the PSN community.

There are less gamers on at any given time, I admit that, but I have had far fewer cheeseball games on PS3 than when I owned an X-Box. I honestly think there is just a difference in mentality between the bases of the two communities.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #15
Rookie

cajunspice's Arena

OVR: 0

It really doesn't matter. The online community is a bit more "mature" on the PS3 side. This may not be true but it also seems like the PS3 is the more dominant on this forum as far as rosters go. Although, I could be wrong about that. Just what I have noticed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #16
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
Well, Live hasn't been down for weeks at a time like certain other online gaming...

(Least not that I remember)
You're right, 360s are usually just in repair for that long

Last edited by DickDalewood; 06-18-2011 at 03:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »