Home

Late hits

This is a discussion on Late hits within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Late hits

I think some of the problem with late hits not being called is some of the ones I have seen the canned animation started in bounds but it transpired out of bounds or the animation started just as the ball left the qb's hand. Of course this isn't for all occurrences but it is for quite a few
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

Roughing the passer is also called frequently, for me at least. Its frustrating. Its also like the CPU has zero sideline presence but im almost positive the new tackling system and no suctioning will take care of this because more times than not the reason the CPU tackled out of bounds was because of the suctioning and tackling animation.

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 06-19-2011, 02:04 PM   #11
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah late hits on players is never called. I was playing last night and on a handful of plays, the player would be clearly out of bounds already and still get tackled.

Same thing with illegal touching. Never gets called. Hell the only penalties that ever get called is clippling, holding and face mask.

I never seen pass interference called, very rarely see offsides called..
Illegal touching kills me. I can deal with late & out of bounds hits because they seem to be caused by canned animations. But having a WR run out of bounds the entire play and then jump inbounds to catch the ball gets me all kinds of stabby. The best ever was when the refs reviewed the play to confirm that the WR landed inbounds when he caught the pass.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 04:19 PM   #12
Rookie

CP3_4MVP's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blind2314
Does anyone know if this has been addressed in NCAA '12? It was really frustrating to have your QB get nailed 3-4 seconds after he let go of the ball (one of the reasons why I frequently turned injuries off, that got real old, real fast). I haven't noticed it in the videos I've watched so far, but then again, I haven't been looking very closely.
I think it will still be in the game, but not as much, since they got rid of the warp tackling. I hope it is gone, or i hope they actually get flagged for a late hit.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:25 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Illegal touching kills me. I can deal with late & out of bounds hits because they seem to be caused by canned animations. But having a WR run out of bounds the entire play and then jump inbounds to catch the ball gets me all kinds of stabby. The best ever was when the refs reviewed the play to confirm that the WR landed inbounds when he caught the pass.
This
I remember once in Madden the CPU got a game winning touchdown on an illegal touching. The best part is that my CPU AI teammate stopped checking him once he ran out of bounds so he was wide the hell open when he decided to stroll back into the field of play.

As far as late hits go I've seen 2 or 3 roughing the passers called in NCAA 11 in over 150 games played. I've had countless QB's get hurt on them but they're usually only 1 quarter injuries.

Last edited by nyj721; 06-19-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #14
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
This
I remember once in Madden the CPU got a game winning touchdown on an illegal touching. The best part is that my CPU AI teammate stopped checking him once he ran out of bounds so he was wide the hell open when he decided to stroll back into the field of play.

As far as late hits go I've seen 2 or 3 roughing the passers in NCAA 11 in over 150 games played. I've had countless QB's get hurt on them but they're usually only 1 quarter injuries.
I ugh. Evo double post.

Last edited by Ziza9Noles94; 06-19-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #15
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyj721
This

As far as late hits go I've seen 2 or 3 roughing the passers in NCAA 11 in over 150 games played. I've had countless QB's get hurt on them but they're usually only 1 quarter injuries.
I don't want them removed as it is part of the game. Play to the echo of the whistle and all. But I would definitely like to see more flags thrown for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

I have been nagging about this all year!! I have lost many of quarterbacks this year due to the late hits, especially out of bounds. I dont mind the hits, its the no calls that get me. I purposely will try to get a roughing the passer called on me through out the game with no dice. Roughing the kicker, yes. Roughing the passer no. It brings the game to another level when your getting smacked out of bounds, but the ref should at least call it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »