Home

Young, First Year Defensive Coordinators

This is a discussion on Young, First Year Defensive Coordinators within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 04:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Young, First Year Defensive Coordinators

Could someone provide me or direct me to a list of young (35-39) first year defensive coordinators? I'm trying to decide on a coach for dynasty mode in 12. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Young, First Year Defensive Coordinators

Me, on July 12.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

Indiana's co-dc is Mike Ekeler. Spent last 3 season's as Nebraska's LB coach and was an intern at LSU prior. He is a rah-rah kind of a guy and IMO will be very much a Defensive Coaching stud like his mentor Bo Pelini. Unfortunately you would have to play as Indiana, but if you wanna work your way up they can't go any other direction?

Last edited by schumj; 06-22-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Rookie

BeaverBeliever97267's Arena

OVR: 5

Not sure if this helps, but here is a list of all HC's, they year they stated and their OC's and DC's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...otball_coaches

At worst you can choose a HC who is just starting...likely their DC is a new to at least that school.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Rookie

Thanks! That is a huge help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #6
Rookie

Okay. So here is who I have narrowed down my search to so far...

Pep Hamilton (First year OC at Stanford) 37
Mike Ekeler (First Year DC at Indiana) will be 40 in Oct.
and
Clint Bowen (First Year DC at North Texas) will be 40 in a few days.

Who should I take?
Old 06-22-2011, 05:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Okay. So here is who I have narrowed down my search to so far...

Pep Hamilton (First year OC at Stanford) 37
Mike Ekeler (First Year DC at Indiana) will be 40 in Oct.
and
Clint Bowen (First Year DC at North Texas) will be 40 in a few days.

Who should I take?
Although it is his 2nd year Justin Wilcox is another good one at Tennessee. He is 34. And since you added an OC you could also throw in Colorado's Eric Bienemy (1st year but is 41) who was a stud RB in his days.

Based on your list it all depends on what you are looking for. Bowen will be the most challenging team wise as no offense to help but you don't really play great offenses either. North Texas was Sun Belt kings not too long ago so you can build them back up.

Pep Hamilton is at a good school with a great offense. Will also get good recruits more than the other two. You will start out with a top-10 ranked team.

Ekeler is at a BCS Conference cellar dwellar. Indiana is going to struggle to have the same talent as the rest of the conference, but is a better school then N. Texas. Would be a chance to build up a bad team.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Although it is his 2nd year Justin Wilcox is another good one at Tennessee. He is 34. And since you added an OC you could also throw in Colorado's Eric Bienemy (1st year but is 41) who was a stud RB in his days.

Based on your list it all depends on what you are looking for. Bowen will be the most challenging team wise as no offense to help but you don't really play great offenses either. North Texas was Sun Belt kings not too long ago so you can build them back up.

Pep Hamilton is at a good school with a great offense. Will also get good recruits more than the other two. You will start out with a top-10 ranked team.

Ekeler is at a BCS Conference cellar dwellar. Indiana is going to struggle to have the same talent as the rest of the conference, but is a better school then N. Texas. Would be a chance to build up a bad team.
Thanks for the help. I found a few others who were young in Texas Tech's OC, Hawaii's OC and DC. Ideally, I would love to pick someone like Justin Wilcox (a coordinator at a BCS school that is either a conference cellar dwellar or a has-been school that can be built back up). The problem is I have two stipulations: I don't want a spread OC and I don't want to begin in the SEC. The reason is I am also going to be user-controlling UGA and FSU for the first two or three seasons. So...

Is there a defensive coordinator or pro-style offensive coordinator (around 35 or 36) who is at a cellar dwellar or weak school that is just starting out there?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »