Home

Neutral Site Games In For Dynasty & Online Dynast Modes?

This is a discussion on Neutral Site Games In For Dynasty & Online Dynast Modes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2011, 09:57 PM   #17
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Neutral Site Games In For Dynasty & Online Dynast Modes?

This thread digressed quickly. I tried to get it back on track, but I had no such luck.

I'll try one more time.

Couldn't the devs just allow us to pick from a stadium available to play our Dynasty game?

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 06-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
This thread digressed quickly. I tried to get it back on track, but I had no such luck.

I'll try one more time.

Couldn't the devs just allow us to pick from a stadium available to play our Dynasty game?
And like I said, the problem with that is that neutral games are rarely completely neutral like a bowl game (usually) is. VaTech playing in DC is essentially home. Clemson and Bama playing in Georgia... well, it's about half way so you'd expect more neutrality.

Also, what stops you from scheduling all of your OOC games at neutral sites? We can't touch conference games and they seem to have most of them correct, except LSU vs. Arkansas @ Little Rock. It takes more than just allowing us to alter the site. They also probably don't want to have 2 games scheduled in the same place. Sure, it is a video game so it's not a killer, but if I move my game to the Superdome and Tulane is scheduled at the same time, that's a little weird.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #19
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
It'd be cool if you could choose what stadium you want a game played in during Dynasty. For instance, when Baylor has to play at Tech this year, I could just switch the stadium from AT&T to Jerryworld.

Like it is in real life...
Yes I would love this feature, hopefully next year.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 PM   #20
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3

EA has stated in interviews that they wanted this feature in but it had too many bugs and they needed more time to implement it.. guys it takes more to do a game than type in a simple code and it magically does it.

I took one year of computer science before switching my major back to engineering. When you type in one line of code, it may interact with literally thousands causing you to have to go back and look at every line to see what happened... thats with a small java program that does almost nothing.. I can only imagine the millions upon millions of lines the NCAA team has to check and go over...

It takes time and sometimes there are so many bugs that it takes more than one year.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:08 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

deer eating popcorn Pictures, Images and Photos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2011, 11:15 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
And like I said, the problem with that is that neutral games are rarely completely neutral like a bowl game (usually) is. VaTech playing in DC is essentially home. Clemson and Bama playing in Georgia... well, it's about half way so you'd expect more neutrality.
Does the "neutrality" of the stadium really need to be taken into account in a video game? Equal support for each side would be sufficient.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonD
Does the "neutrality" of the stadium really need to be taken into account in a video game? Equal support for each side would be sufficient.
People would find ways to complain and then we'd have to hear it for 3 years before they implemented a better version.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:07 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 5

Did he really compare developing a video game to providing for a child?..............WOW!!.............carry on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »