Home

How is player progression in NCAA?

This is a discussion on How is player progression in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2011, 10:13 AM   #1
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3
How is player progression in NCAA?

I haven't played the game in years so would like thoughts and impressions on player progression from year to year.

1- How well do players progress?

2- Do their stats/playing time matter or will they progress the same regardless if they are redshirted, benched or playing every down during the year?

3- What player rating/attribute affects progression the most?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Rookie

pigsooie3's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: How is player progression in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
I haven't played the game in years so would like thoughts and impressions on player progression from year to year.

1- How well do players progress?

2- Do their stats/playing time matter or will they progress the same regardless if they are redshirted, benched or playing every down during the year?

3- What player rating/attribute affects progression the most?
What I've noticed is the high the athletic facilities rating the better they progress. They progress pretty well, but I'm not sure if it's really based on their on field performance. If they are redshirted they progress better than if they weren't redshirted and just stood on the sideline. Awareness seems to drive the player ratings mostly. That normally receives the biggest boost of all the ratings.

PSN:FrshOutaBubblGum
Old 06-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How is player progression in NCAA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigsooie3
What I've noticed is the high the athletic facilities rating the better they progress. They progress pretty well, but I'm not sure if it's really based on their on field performance. If they are redshirted they progress better than if they weren't redshirted and just stood on the sideline. Awareness seems to drive the player ratings mostly. That normally receives the biggest boost of all the ratings.
Nope. What you're probably seeing is better facilities at higher prestige (*rating) schools which is directly tied to better progression. You're good on correlation, wrong on causation.

As for the OP's questions:
(1) It depends. If you've got all the tuners and updates, it works pretty well. Maybe even too much progression for some stats (SPD). If you don't have the updates, it's broken. And if you've got the updates but not the tuner packages, it sometimes doesn't work at all.

(2) I haven't seen playing time & game states actually matter as far as progression. The devs added in-season progression, but it only effects some players and only adds a couple points, if that. I think it's just based on initial player caliber and also potential (apparently a hidden rating).

(3) What do you mean? Like which attribute effects OVR increases the most? Probably AWR then. If you're asking which attribute effects actual progression, then the question doesn't really have an answer. The devs said "potential" is a hidden rating, but I haven't really seen anything to support that. Seems like we'd see low-ranked "diamonds in the rough" that turn into superstars - but we don't.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »