Home

Recruiting Question

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #9
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Recruiting Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by 850nole
The same schools being on top of the recruiting rankings doesn't bother me because that is how it is in real life. 5 stars don't go to Boise or Miss State. I can only think of 3 who have gone to Va Tech in the last 15 years. Every year you are, for the most part, looking at Bama, Auburn, FSU, Florida, UGA, USC, Texas, OU, tOSU, LSU and then a few other schools pulling in the top classes.
That is true about top-rated prospects, but EA really blew it when they added an extra 800-900 three-star recruits to the recruitig base in the place of two-stars aand lowered the OVR for many of those recruits to about 60. When those recruits accessed to team rosters many were cut immediately. EA still has work to do to get this thing right.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #10
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
That is true about top-rated prospects, but EA really blew it when they added an extra 800-900 three-star recruits to the recruitig base in the place of two-stars aand lowered the OVR for many of those recruits to about 60. When those recruits accessed to team rosters many were cut immediately. EA still has work to do to get this thing right.
No doubt there are WAY too many 3 stars. NCAA 10 really nailed recruiting in a lot of aspects, but the amount and ratings of players were dead on. I hated 11 because you land that 3 star and he turned out to be 60 overall. That was the case with most of them.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:45 PM   #11
Rookie

He1nousOne1's Arena

OVR: 10

Also they made a statement in recognizing that the talent in future recruiting pools was much lower then in earlier seasons in a dynasty. That was supposed to be worked upon in 12. So if that is the case and we see a few more 5's and a good number more 4's then by default the talent drips down to some of the schools that would be hard pressed to get such attention.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
Banned

JJ_Bills9's Arena

OVR: 5

I guess my main gripe is the fact that being a 3 star or lower prestige automatically eliminates you from contention for good players.

CU is a 2-star school this year, so my first 3 recruiting classes are not going to be very good, and I probably won't even get visits out of 4-stars the first two. Whereas the real life CU is in on several 4-stars and several have already visited campus.

Might be time to add in unofficial visits and recruiting juniors ala CH2K8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »