Home

Eastern Washington

This is a discussion on Eastern Washington within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 02:21 AM   #97
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Eastern Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrunner24
It could just be that these teams do have talent and were able to execute a pretty good game plan. That Appy State team was no joke for several years.

I understand what you are saying and agree that it rarely happens. However, these teams that pull off these upsets are talented, normally successful at their level, and have pretty good coaches. It's irrelevant to me what week it is or how early in the season it is. A win is a win.
The key here is "are talented." Not "are AS talented." It's just not that close.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 06-30-2011, 02:31 AM   #98
Rookie

tcrunner24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
The key here is "are talented." Not "are AS talented." It's just not that close.
I agree with you. Never said they were more talented or as talented. I believe my other posts back that up. They were the better team on those days they won though.

There are several interesting FCS versus FBS games this year.

Eastern Washington plays at Washington
Appalachian State plays at Va. Tech
Old 06-30-2011, 02:46 AM   #99
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
I know this. That doesn't stand for much in my book. Maybe if you went to Eastern Washington, then I would understand. But in the grand scheme of college football, I mean...well you catch my drift.

Oregon needs to pick 1-3 uni's and stick with it. It's getting a little ridiculous. Should they go to FCS? Well if I was an EASTERN WASHINGTON fan I wouldn't want them to.
This is one most closed minded posts I have ever see...everybody isn't a huge bcs fan
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 06-30-2011, 03:08 AM   #100
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
This is one most closed minded posts I have ever see...everybody isn't a huge bcs fan
Sorry dude. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. The majority of people who occasionally watch college football don't watch FCS games. That's the truth.

I like minor league hockey. Most people could care less about the AHL. I'm ok with that.

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of the BCS. AQ teams? Yes. But sometimes the TCU's are what makes it fun. But TV ratings would be in the sh!tter if Arkansas St. played SJSU in the National Championship game. Imagine if two FCS teams made it...

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 06-30-2011 at 03:13 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #101
Banned

BestServedCold's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
I like minor league hockey. Most people could care less about the AHL. I'm ok with that.
Off topic, but go Chicago Wolves lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 03:20 AM   #102
Rookie

demon19000's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I'm aware that there are NFL Hall of Famers and future Hall of Famers that played in D2. Jerry Rice, Michael Strahan, etc. I know there is individual talent at the lower levels.

However, the team talent is not there. For whatever reason. Since they don't have the same amount of scholarships, which you mentioned yourself, it will be very difficult to compete. Compete with Idaho, Utah State, Arkansas State? Sure...but no one in the Top 25. If Appalachian St. played Michigan 10 times, how many would Appalachian of won? Ask a Michigan fan that. These upsets occur with slim margins very early in the year.

Your argument about transferring students, you aren't taking into account the stomach punch some of them received knowing that instead of going to LSU, now I have to go play at an FCS school. How would that affect your motivation and confidence? I'm done arguing about this. Agree to disagree? Best of luck to your Grand Valley State football team this year.

I stand corrected about the rule doc. It was the NFL, not FBS.

P.S. The colored fields are still corny!
Well then I stand corrected as well. I thought it was an NCAA rule. In that case, I'm for colored fields to an extent. I think they should put a rule for a solid colored field, because in my opinion, the field of play should stay one color for regulatory purposes. As far as grass being green, well, it's not grass, it's fake turf.
!
--------------------------------------
PSN: demon19000
Old 06-30-2011, 04:00 AM   #103
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Sorry dude. Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. The majority of people who occasionally watch college football don't watch FCS games. That's the truth.

And for the record, I'm not a big fan of the BCS. AQ teams? Yes. But sometimes the TCU's are what makes it fun. But TV ratings would be in the sh!tter if Arkansas St. played SJSU in the National Championship game. Imagine if two FCS teams made it...
Trust me...my feelings ain't hurt...we had ESPN Gameday at FAMU plus we have nationally(not regionally) televised games every year...and sell out out the Georgia Dome and Citrus Bowl just about every year...trust me, I'm cool on that...
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 06-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #104
MVP

KleShreen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Trust me...my feelings ain't hurt...we had ESPN Gameday at FAMU plus we have nationally(not regionally) televised games every year...and sell out out the Georgia Dome and Citrus Bowl just about every year...trust me, I'm cool on that...
Fun fact: GVSU actually got beat 67-3 by Central Florida in the Citrus Bowl back in the 80's...hahaha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »