Home

NCAA 12 PS3 demo on 1080p

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 PS3 demo on 1080p within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 06:22 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: NCAA 12 PS3 demo on 1080p

Well Ill admit I was wrong about the dedicated upscaling chip I thought they added it in the new slim models but guess that was a just a rumor that never happened. It does have software up-scaling however I would like to hear your opinion about why I am so wrong. I feel like most of what I said it still true it just does the process through software rather than hardware. Also if you have a 1080p native tv it will scale any content to 1080p anyways if you let it do the scaling so couldn't you just do this for any of the games which have issues displaying 1080p?

Last edited by fanforlife21; 06-29-2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #58
Banned

OVR: 7
Re: NCAA 12 PS3 demo on 1080p

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanforlife21
Well Ill admit I was wrong about the dedicated upscaling chip I thought they added it in the new slim models but guess that was a just a rumor that never happened. It does have software up-scaling however I would like to hear your opinion about why I am so wrong. I feel like most of what I said it still true it just does the process through software rather than hardware. Also if you have a 1080p native tv it will scale any content to 1080p anyways if you let it do the scaling so couldn't you just do this for any of the games which have issues displaying 1080p?
Tv's do upscale but the 360 scaled is better then that of tv's. The ps3 can encode it to games but many do not because it hurts the framerate when people force it to 1080p. That is why many ps3 games downscale. When you press the info button on your tv remote it shows 720p for ps3 games which is what your tv is being fed. The 360 feeds the tv 1080p because of the fantastic chip. Xbox game devs do not have to encode games because the console does that better then a tv does.

The ps3 version lags behind due simply because of it being a port. That is it.

No tv is going to make the ps3 version look better then the 360 version even if you use a cheap hdtv.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »