Home

Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics?

This is a discussion on Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics?

Okay, so I bought a PS3 this year, packed up my Xbox and started gaming exclusively on the PS3.

I played the 360 demo at my girlfriends house today and I was simply blown away by the graphics. I came home today, downloaded the demo for PS3 and it looked like an entirely different game. The colors were just dull, the stadiums and surrounding environments just looked awful.

This is not a thread to bash EA, or the game, it's simply a discussion as to why you think the graphics are not even close on PS3 compared to Xbox. Is there any hope that the retail version will be fixed up? Or are we doomed with these graphics all year? This is very concerning for a lot of us..

Edit: I also have NCAA 11 for the PS3, the graphics on that game look fine. Why all of a sudden a huge downgrade?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 04:19 AM   #2
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Can We Have A Reasonable Discussion About Graphics?

Can you be a little more specific with the problems with the PS3 graphics? I'm not trying to be difficult, I just didn't notice that many issues in the demo. Maybe I need to go back and compare them to '11.

The only thing I noticed was the play art was really washed out. The crowd and all that has kind of always sucked in my opinion. It's nothing like The Show. So maybe an example, photo/vid or more detailed description would be nice.

But I agree, we should be able to discuss this without it getting locked right away because I know you're not the only one to mention this.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 06-29-2011 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
Rookie

k2thaz's Arena

OVR: 3

after reading all the threads and comments about it, went back played it again. I don't see it. I heard the same thing about NBA 2k11 and I still play that with a passion.

I'll wait to fully judge until the final version is out but I don't have a problem with it.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:41 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 20

Well I completely agree the jaggies are of an extreme order on the PS3 version. I don't know how anyone could "not see" it. I mean it certainly looks worse than NCAA 11, for starters. But beyond that, the players simply have jaggies all over them from the overhead (gameplay) cam. Like, bad. There's nothing not to see. They're everywhere. lol

But the actual REASON I'm posting is to say the same thing happened with NCAA 10. The demo looked worse than 09, then the retail game came and it was peachy keen. So, until I see otherwise (i.e., until I play the retail PS3 version) I'm completely at ease about it.

Well ... almost completely.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:46 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

From what i hear, there is nothing wrong with the PS3 graphics. Its just that the Xbox's graphics are far better than what the PS3 is showing. If you have a PS3 and havent seen the Xbox version, you would probably think nothing was wrong. Which is what happened in my situation.

I dont know how or why it is like this, but im sure EA and the NCAA team already knows about it. Weather they do something about it or not......we'll have to wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know this most likely isn't the final build, but I personally think that the 360 graphics are very crisp and great on cut scenes, but look washed out in-game. I have played the demo 5 times and I don't know, for some reason it just looks washed out. I am curious on other opinions?
Old 06-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

It's not that the Xbox is far superior; the developers just seem to be chincy on the graphics for the demo on PS3. NCAA 11 looks better. I don't think it is anything to worry about. I managed just fine on 11, don't know why everyone says it is infinitely better as I played on both systems last fall, and eh, sure 360 looked better, but we aren't talking twice as good or anything. I'm sure the final retail version will be much improved and back to 1080p goodness.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:41 AM   #8
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

I've always understood this to be the norm with demo builds in order to keep the data package smaller for downloading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »