Home

Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year?

This is a discussion on Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2011, 01:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year?

Last yr the Replays were shorter, the graphic were a bit inferior. Is this the same case this year. I'd really like to know. Thanx
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
Rookie

pistonica's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is the PS3 version an inferior product again this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by on my grizzle
Last yr the Replays were shorter, the graphic were a bit inferior. Is this the same case this year. I'd really like to know. Thanx
I sure hope not..but from the demo perspective...it sure is......We can only hope that the retail version isn't like the demo
Old 06-29-2011, 03:05 PM   #3
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

All I can tell you is what I see in the demo.

And from what I see, the graphics are a notch lower on the PS3 and the replays still get cut off on long plays.

DON'T YELL AT ME, I am just talking about what I see on the demo when comparing the two versions.

Last year, the retail version on the PS3 looked a lot better than the PS3 demo did, so lets hope its the same deal.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #4
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

I really think people are overreacting to the whole "PS3 being inferior". The demo is just that, a demo. It is a compressed, limited sample of the game. Honestly guys, I would about guarantee that the retail will be just fine. As far as the replays go, I haven't seen the issue of them being cut off so far.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallinVol

I really think people are overreacting to the whole "PS3 being inferior". The demo is just that, a demo. It is a compressed, limited sample of the game. Honestly guys, I would about guarantee that the retail will be just fine.
While for the most part I agree with you and expect the PS3 retail version to be fine, I have to ask, both demos are compressed, why is one better than the other?

OS Blog

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2011, 03:10 PM   #6
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
While for the most part I agree with you and expect the PS3 retail version to be fine, I have to ask, both demos are compressed, why is one better than the other?
Although both are compressed, I do think that the 360 handles compressed files better for some reason. It seems as if Sony made the PS3 to handle disc versions of games better than downloaded games/demos. Just my take on things.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

Quote:
Although both are compressed, I do think that the 360 handles compressed files better for some reason. It seems as if Sony made the PS3 to handle disc versions of games better than downloaded games/demos. Just my take on things.
I'm with ya man, was just curious about it because I see it quite often with both consoles in my house.

I also gotta say that, as far as PS3 having an inferior product, the graphics bother me but the game plays great on the PS3 guys, and thats important too. When actually playing, with a controller in my hand, controlling guys and trying to score or whatever, the game feels great on either console. I just hope the visuals get a notch up

OS Blog

Old 06-29-2011, 03:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

I really think people are overreacting to the whole "PS3 being inferior". The demo is just that, a demo. It is a compressed, limited sample of the game. Honestly guys, I would about guarantee that the retail will be just fine. As far as the replays go, I haven't seen the issue of them being cut off so far.
The replay thing ruined single player for me last yr. I don't understand why they didn't fix that issue. If in fact the problem is still there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »