Home

XBOX LIVE Subscription....Can somebody help me with this?

This is a discussion on XBOX LIVE Subscription....Can somebody help me with this? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #9
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: XBOX LIVE Subscription....Can somebody help me with this?

Where you see that at?
Old 06-30-2011, 12:20 AM   #10
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Create a new account and then sign up for gold membership. The $1 for 1 month option should be available.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 AM   #11
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

Awesome. Got it. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 01:35 AM   #12
Pro

I am thinking about getting an xbox and I have some questions regarding this. (In part because of NCAA and Madden, but more so because I have heard that NBA 2k is better on xbox.)

What is the difference between "gold" and "silver"? What are you able to do with each one? What is the cost?

On a side note, if I buy a 4gb xbox and then just buy a 16gb usb drive, can I save all my stuff on that or will I have to save it to the xbox and then "transfer" it to the usb?

Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 AM   #13
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
I am thinking about getting an xbox and I have some questions regarding this. (In part because of NCAA and Madden, but more so because I have heard that NBA 2k is better on xbox.)

What is the difference between "gold" and "silver"? What are you able to do with each one? What is the cost?

On a side note, if I buy a 4gb xbox and then just buy a 16gb usb drive, can I save all my stuff on that or will I have to save it to the xbox and then "transfer" it to the usb?

Thanks.
Gold will let you join parties with friends, play all games online that have multiplayer(COD, Madden, etc.), and download most demos and other things first. Silver is kind of an entry level thing, with the ability to only connect to Xbox Live and download DLC/patches.

That said, Gold is 60 dollars a year. I'm sure you can find a year points card online for cheap, if you don't want to buy it from MS directly. Gold users also get Last.fm, ESPN 360(depending on your ISP), Facebook, Twitter, and Netflix(if you already have an account).

As for the hard drive issue, a 4GB will go quickly. I haven't tried any USB drives yet, but most games let you choose your "save device". Just a note on the 4GB version, you won't be able to install any games to the hard drive, as most are 5-6GB.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 06-30-2011 at 06:51 AM.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:23 AM   #14
Pro

Do you install most games to the hard drive? I always read about people doing this, but as a ps3 owner I have never really paid attention.

Thanks for the reply!!

Sounds like I just need to buy the 250gb xbox, huh?

Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbalmer
Do you install most games to the hard drive? I always read about people doing this, but as a ps3 owner I have never really paid attention.

Thanks for the reply!!

Sounds like I just need to buy the 250gb xbox, huh?
I've had a 360 since launch, and I've had many die on me. Sure MS has the warranty, but you have to wait. The newer models are supposed to better, and that's the one I have right now. You can find some decent deals for a 250GB. If you're getting a Xbox 360 just to play sports games, things like Madden and NCAA, then I'd say just get a 4GB and use the USB storage. But if you want to make it your home console, get a 250GB. You'll find arcade games, DLC, etc.

As for installing games, I always do this. Again it's force of habit from old 360's where the less work you make the console do, the better. If I'm going to play say, Mass Effect 2 for a while, I'll install it. It helps on loading times, and my 360 doesn't sound like a Harrier jet on takeoff.

I recommend monitoring the site CheapAssGamer for deals.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 06-30-2011 at 05:35 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
Pro

Thank you for the reply. I was sold on the 250, but now I might get the 4....I don't know. How many other things do I need to buy to go with it? Like controller chargers and stuff like that. That might make my decision for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »