Home

NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NCAA 12 AI RB logic if you experience problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
Thanks, I never really thought about what it could do for OL, I just thought it affected the defensive players.
yep he's correct pursuit effects not only defenders

Some of the downfield blocking your now seeing in NCAA 12 DEMO was actually available to us in NCAA 11 with player edits

I was able to IMPLEMENT that same type of blocking in NCAA 11 simply by tweaking Awareness+ Pursuit + IMPACT blocking ratings

Some ratings tend to have some hidden effects on all players i just haven't had the time test every single rating on both sides of the ball. But Prusuit has some kind effect on the way players run in the game with the ball...

Like for example on defense it allows the defenders to tract down ball carrier's.....on offense it tends to make the offensive players run away from the defenders in pursuit while those without the ball in their hands will seem to hustle more and make plays down the field like extra blocks

So i would actually call the Pursuit rating a HUSTLE TYPE RATING for offensive players withtout the ball and some sort of RUNNING STYLE RATING with it....

One rating i'm intersted in testing is the SPC rating for DB's.....

I noticed with Deion Sanders having a higher SPC rating than any other DB he's been able to pull off some INT animations i haven't seen before.....they are very rare in gameplay but i've seen him 1-2 times leap up and make some kind of one handed INT....

This rating also reduces the amount of crazy picks or plays you see from the LB's on passes over the middle

Reduced SPC + CIT + JUMP Ratings ='s more natural pass coverage by LB's

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 06-30-2011, 03:24 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19

I know you mentioned, but ratings cause RB's to cut/chop block more?
Also wondering if there is something that will make T's chop more?
I've seen this animation a couple of times.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I know you mentioned, but ratings cause RB's to cut/chop block more?
Also wondering if there is something that will make T's chop more?
I've seen this animation a couple of times.
I guessing the RB's and even WR's do that chop block more because of their strength being low

they don't have the strength to stand up to blockers so they go low or use the chop blocks more often

For the Tackles i would take both the RT and LT in NCAA 12 for testing purposes and reduce their strength to the 70's (Strength, Pass Block Strength and Run Block Strength).....then set their Footwork in the 90's for both pass block and run block (give them high awareness)

My best guess is they don't try to cut block enough because they have enough strength to just maul a guy if needed....

Now keep in mind the WR's and RB's are usually around 40 strength for run blocking and pass blocking strength....so just for testing purposes in NCAA 12 you could start off even that low for the Tackles and see if it triggers the animation more

I'll put up some videos of Emmitt Smith in pass protection he's one of the highet rated pass blocking RB's i've created and he does a great job almost human like at picking up blitzers or defenders that come free

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thank you PM for all the hard work you do and have done I am sure that ythe free time you have ginen yourself will not go to waste.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescorpio1985
Thank you PM for all the hard work you do and have done I am sure that ythe free time you have ginen yourself will not go to waste.
no problem man....just remember if you run accross any cpu qb's or rb's that start acting weird when running the ball in the open field tweak their vision and pursuit and it should fix the situation for you

takes about 5 seconds at the most to edit any qb or rb with bad vision in the open field

This is especially important for CPU QB's who are in option offenses

Old 06-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #38
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
no problem man....just remember if you run accross any cpu qb's or rb's that start acting weird when running the ball in the open field tweak their vision and pursuit and it should fix the situation for you

takes about 5 seconds at the most to edit any qb or rb with bad vision in the open field

This is especially important for CPU QB's who are in option offenses

So do you play a few games and then if they need to be fixed edit all the players ratings at once or just player by player when you come along to it?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:43 PM   #39
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

For me, I do it by position. If a position is acting funny in several games for various teams running the same offense, I edit the whole roster for that position.

Usually can knock out a whole roster in 2 or 3 days. Time consuming yes......But in the end it is always worth it.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Thanks for posting this PM as I was thinking for the most part I would think you want any and all Offensive ballcarrier running to daylight hadn't had much time to check how effective the lower "BCVed" run but I am sure there are some player who need that boost atleast to "the minimum".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »