Home

Is 2011 Dynasty Web No Longer Avail.?

This is a discussion on Is 2011 Dynasty Web No Longer Avail.? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Is 2011 Dynasty Web No Longer Avail.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
FYI......

EA converting their Dynasty servers for NCAA 2012 today and tomorrow. And on July 11, they going to reset everything again for NCAA 12 launch on the 12th.

Their web guru guy said this on Monday.
Did they post this somewhere? This is ridiculous.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #10
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah they posted it on their twitter. It is EA's right to shut their server or any part of their online features when ever they want.

It is clearly stated in every game you buy nowadays.

Can't be mad at that, this year their online dynasty feature suppose to be even more extensive. Therefore they have to update it and stress test it before July 12.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #11
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawk23
Total B---S---!!!

Very pissed that months of work and playtime have been evaporated because EA believes no one else is going to play 11 now that 12 is out.

Well guess what, there's plenty of us who don't see the need to buy a new version of a game that still can't get the read option right without extensive slider tweaking!

I'm pissed off and don't know if I'll support another EA title again.
And this is exactly why they're doing this. So people like you who don't "feel the need" to buy the new game will buy the new game. They can't just allow people to play '11 while '12 is releasing. Sure, they could have waited a week to update for '12 for those still playing '11 up until '12 released, but now you're going to notice how big of a deal it is not to have the web aspects of '11 anymore. They're basically subtlety coercing you into buying '12 by doing this. You say you're not going to buy it because of this, but there are plenty of people who said "I'm not going to buy '12 because I'll have the same features for '11 still."
So EA said: "Whoops, now you don't. Still considering not buying it?"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #12
Pro

patsfan1993's Arena

OVR: 8

Wow they post it on twitter and this is supposed to be enough? I hate twitter. I don't have one and don't follow anything. Why am I following them on NCAA football on facebook and EASPORTS on facebook if they aren't gong to release this type of info there? They aggravate you to follow every damn thing they have but only use one form of communication to say "oh yeah by the way we are taking this down for a few days don't worry no big deal".I am more pissed about not being informed than I am not being able to access it. If I am connected to your company for information in a multitude of ways then there is no reason I shouldn't have gotten a heads up from one of the sources, just not only one of the sources.
/rant
Old 06-30-2011, 08:49 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Wow! I don't play online or participate in an online dynasty, but this is a pretty big slap in the face to a lot of NCAA players. As much as I hate to say it, this is a pretty nasty marketing ploy, and that is what it is.
Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #14
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

OD servers are still up, though. Only thing that's changed is the OD website, because I definitely got on and advanced my OD after the site changed over.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-01-2011, 12:16 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
And this is exactly why they're doing this. So people like you who don't "feel the need" to buy the new game will buy the new game. They can't just allow people to play '11 while '12 is releasing. Sure, they could have waited a week to update for '12 for those still playing '11 up until '12 released, but now you're going to notice how big of a deal it is not to have the web aspects of '11 anymore. They're basically subtlety coercing you into buying '12 by doing this. You say you're not going to buy it because of this, but there are plenty of people who said "I'm not going to buy '12 because I'll have the same features for '11 still."
So EA said: "Whoops, now you don't. Still considering not buying it?"
I won't! Seriously, they are not going to hoodwink me on this. Bye bye EA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 08:37 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

Guys try the iphone/ipod OD APP

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »