Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions/Q&A

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions/Q&A within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 05:46 AM   #17
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
i doubt this is real... picture proof please. from what i know from my friends who are managers at gamestop and best buy the game hasnt shipped yet. Why would EA ship it to a mom and pop store first? i smell bs.
If Steve ok'd it I am not going to question him. And in my experience mom and pop stores do get the game earlier on some occasions. But please stay on topic. If you have a question ask it. Let's not derail this thread that is giving information.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 07-01-2011, 05:51 AM   #18
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Delete

Do you really care where I sent this from?
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-01-2011, 05:55 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA 12 Retail Impressions/Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
i doubt this is real... picture proof please. from what i know from my friends who are managers at gamestop and best buy the game hasnt shipped yet. Why would EA ship it to a mom and pop store first? i smell bs.
Man, you just criticize everyone. Just because you can't get it doesn't mean others haven't.

And non-dynamic conference prestige isn't a killer for me because most of my historic setups are fine, but eh, it kinda sucks if teams improve and the conference prestige remains poor, a la what the MWC could have been. Boise, Utah, BYU, and TCU in the same conference? Yea, I'm sure they could move up to B at some point if they kept it up.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 AM   #20
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52

has any of this improved from the demo?

-ice skating, excessive pancakes by the OL, bowling ball defenders, all out CPU blitz on 3rd and long?
-how does the game play on the slow gameplay option compared with default? do you have more "control" over the players?
-do you have to adjust the coach options in dynasty or is it part of the overall roster now? by this i mean where you can control things like RB1 vs. RB2 carries, defense aggression and blitzing etc.

and how effective are the sliders? especially the penalty ones!

Last edited by BroMontana82; 07-01-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:24 PM   #21
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Block-O
Maybe the graphics looked better because you were playing on a TV that is better than yours.

Did you slow the game speed when you played?
It's very possible the graphics were better because of the TV. Mine isn't terrible, but it's definitely not the quality of what I was playing on.

I didn't slow the speed. I liked the speed of the demo so I kept it on normal
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 05:32 PM   #22
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroMontana82
has any of this improved from the demo?

-ice skating, excessive pancakes by the OL, bowling ball defenders, all out CPU blitz on 3rd and long?
-how does the game play on the slow gameplay option compared with default? do you have more "control" over the players?
-do you have to adjust the coach options in dynasty or is it part of the overall roster now? by this i mean where you can control things like RB1 vs. RB2 carries, defense aggression and blitzing etc.

and how effective are the sliders? especially the penalty ones!
The skating was pretty much the same as the demo.

I didn't pay much attention to pancakes, but it wasn't obvious that they were out of control.

What do you mean by bowling ball defenders?

I only saw 1 all out blitz by the CPU and it was on 2nd and 10. Needless to say I completed a quick pass for a good gain.

The coaching sliders are part of the create/edit coach now, so it's part of the roster file. I didn't see a slider for RB1 vs. RB2 carries. Just run/pass ratio, sub frequency, and defensive/offensive aggression that I remember

I'm planning to go back and play next week (probably Wednesday) so I'll keep your questions I didn't answer/don't know in mind and check them out
Old 07-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #23
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistonica
So you have played both demo ps3 version and retail ps3 version...are the graphics improved from the demo?...You are the only one that can tell a real opinion...
I think the graphics were a little more crisp than in the demo, but I was playing on a better TV than what I have at home. There were still some rough edges, but I thought the game looked pretty good. I haven't seen the 360 version so I can't compare it to that

Just FYI, I have a 40" Sharp Aquos LCD HDTV and I played on a 55" Sony Bravia LED HDTV. I don't know too much about TVs but I'm pretty sure the Sony is better than what I have
Old 07-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hear some gripes about the LB getting too many picks over the middle being able to jump with superman abilities, have you noticed any difference? I have played the demo, but havent had too many occurences I guess, just wondering what your take on it is....

Last edited by MyWifeH8sFtball; 07-01-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Typo..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »