Home

Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

This is a discussion on Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #33
Pro

bamabound2010's Arena

OVR: 3
very nice view guys very nice
Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #34
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Good stuff, Christian. I thought your responses were constructed very well and you were able to have an adult discussion about Jayson's take without resorting to name-calling or mocking his opinions, of which he is 100% entitled to.

I found myself agreeing with a lot of what you and Dustin brought to the table in this article. It was a great read. I hope we see more articles like this moving forward.
Old 07-01-2011, 01:50 PM   #35
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fact or Fiction: NCAA Football 12 Outlook

Great read guys. I can't wait till Maddens demo drops. This place will be on fire.

Good stuff.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2011, 02:05 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 2
The write up on Jayson Young's response was simply perfect. Jayson has some great insight and from his game references in his response I can tell he's done his homework. However, to call the NCAA Franchise a second-tier franchise is a bit ridiculous. I've been playing college football games since Sega Sports presented "College Football National Championships". NCAA 11 was absolutely the best game to launch for this gen-console, and NCAA 12 took it up another level. Whether you feel it's NCAA 11.5 or 12 the franchise is second to none, in my opinion. By simply playing the NCAA 12 Demo and then going back and playing the retail version of NCAA 11, there's no comparison. The demo for NCAA 12 has far better gameplay then the retail version of NCAA 11? To me that says it all right there. Obviously there are always going to be the "Debbie Downers" every year no matter what, and they will seek out every little missing/negative thing with every game. Blog about it, post YouTube videos of some flaws... think about it, its a video game! I believe someone wrote in there comments about having "a smarter CPU that actually plays like a human" . I mean that would be AWESOME but unrealistic, how can we ever expect a video game computer to react and/or play like a human? Get real.

I'm excited for this years game, the more I play the demo the more I like the game play and feel of it. Much of the feedback from the individuals that have played the game at E3 is that the demo is off an old build. The version they played at E3 was an updated version and is much better then the demo. Just with that said not only am I buying, I'm reserving, and I'm going at midnight (if gamestop does it again) to get the game. I simply can't wait!!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The XX.5 designation should be napalmed out of existence. Its such an intellectually dishonest statement, bereft any shred of thoughtful analysis. Within the gaming universe, I think of it as a slur.

Say that you think that X, Y, and Z should have been added to the game instead of, A, B, and C, but don't act as if your disappointment in their design choices is indicative of a lackluster effort.

I've cut down on my sports game purchasing by 85% over the last 10 years, because I haven't been happy with the implementation and design decisions of so many of these games, but I would never be so flip as affix any of those game with the dreaded .5 moniker.

The only game that I think really could get that label was MVP 07: NCAA Baseball, if I remember correctly Dr. Jones told us that the team was cut down to like 4 or 5 total people, so you can see why that game really was the essentially the same game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:19 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 10
"How about an Online Dynasty mode that revolutionized online interaction in sports games, complete with Dynasty Anywhere and StoryBuilder. Yeah, mediocre games typically have those types of features."

Can I get an AMEN from the congregation? NCAA is by no means mediocre. The advancements this year may not have that "wow" factor, but play the game and tell me it is the same as 11. No way. The NCAA team has a solid product and decided to focus on gameplay issues (which were much needed). Getting rid of warp tackling alone makes is a success in my eyes.
Old 07-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #39
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
Is it not July 12th yet!?!?!?!?
Old 07-01-2011, 02:24 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The XX.5 designation should be napalmed out of existence. Its such an intellectually dishonest statement, bereft any shred of thoughtful analysis. Within the gaming universe, I think of it as a slur.

Say that you think that X, Y, and Z should have been added to the game instead of, A, B, and C, but don't act as if your disappointment in their design choices is indicative of a lackluster effort.

I've cut down on my sports game purchasing by 85% over the last 10 years, because I haven't been happy with the implementation and design decisions of so many of these games, but I would never be so flip as affix any of those game with the dreaded .5 moniker.

The only game that I think really could get that label was MVP 07: NCAA Baseball, if I remember correctly Dr. Jones told us that the team was cut down to like 4 or 5 total people, so you can see why that game really was the essentially the same game.
Up until they added Augusta this year in Tiger, I would DEFINITELY attach the .5 moniker to the pieces of garbage EA put out for a couple of years in the Tiger series. Tiger actually regressed until they added Augusta and the caddy this year. That imo is deserving of a .5 insult or worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »