Home

Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making

This is a discussion on Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Awareness for CPU QB's and how it effects their decision making

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
PM, one of your original points is that some people think AWR only affects sim games. I think you may be confusing what I said last year that when simming, only AWR matters when it comes to QB stats.

It doesn't mean that AWR doesn't affect players on the field, just that during simmed games, THP and THA are pretty much irrelevant and AWR determines a QB's stats.

I enjoy your breakdowns.
yeah i remember your post and i understood what you were saying which is correct

what i didn't like was last year the QB awareness on the roster files being reduced....i always get my rosters from OS but i don't agree with lowering the awareness to make the overalls reduce down because it's bad for gameplay if your a Human vs CPU type of guy.

One other thing i will point out is Awareness also effects the defender's ability to locate the ball when it's in the air.....

For example if a LB has high awareness if he is running with his back towards the ball and a pass comes in his direction because of the unusual jump ratings that LB will most likely knock the ball down without even looking back

How ever what i've noticed is if you lower the jump ratings and agility of that LB he can maintain a very high awareness and then the actual play itself will play out more realistic on the field. You may see him actually turn his head but not make the actual play on the ball in time so you'll get that animation where the defender misses the deflection more often.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-01-2011, 11:24 PM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

PM, can you upload full game vids.......

i am interested to see how your QB plays

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
PM, can you upload full game vids.......

i am interested to see how your QB plays
Sorry man i don't have the ability to do that.....

But remember in NBA Live when we would change the playbooks and it effected how players performed on the floor well for some reason NCAA Football seems to function the same way....not speaking of NCAA 12 because of course we have no way of testing it out but in NCAA 11 the generic playbooks render a totally different feeling IMO

A lot of the ratings in NCAA seem to be just like in Live.....for example the Rocket Dunks in Live went away when you lowered the Verticals and reduced game speed

In NCAA lowering the verticals brings out the same effect on defenders they jump more natural looking

In Live agility was terrible for most players being rated high you very rarley saw them have to take actual steps on the floor to make a move well in NCAA same thing high agility makes for a arcade type of player movement

Awareness in NCAA works kinda like Off Ball awareness in Live you see things all over the field that you woudln't normally see if it low.....

That is why i think from looking at EA's videos of rosters this year they have high awareness on lot of players now.....

The Offensive lines are still kinda shaky as i saw way too many linemen with brain dead awareness ratings and that will be a major problem when ever you decide to blitz the CPU team

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 07-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #20
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Keep these threads comin!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2011, 01:04 AM   #21
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
I spent most of my time focusing on this rating more than any other.

I noted my findings that how Hit Power is more of an "Agressiveness" towards "The Ball" more so than the ball carrier and causing fumbles.

I wish I had made videos to show.

I found that Aggressive animations to the ball really added another level to CPU controlled Def Players.

They tend to flow hard to the ball helping on PA Roll-Outs and WR Reverses.

I wish I had a copy to see if Hit Power would make Off WR more aggressive towards getting the ball in the air instead of doing that Basket Catch animation.
Ok I just tested this theory out with the rest. I don't know about it making the WRs more aggressive at catching the ball, but it does make them more aggressive running the ball after they catch it. Also the QB seems to throw the ball to them deeper more often as well. And finally WRs do a much better job staying in bounds when catching the ball along the sidelines.

Lower the BTK and TRK for shifty backs - Playmaker was on the money with that one. I lowered Ingram to 70 for both and he did best to avoid the crowd and avoid people all together. Never seen him do so much damn bouncing around when he is running, I was impressed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 01:34 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ok I just tested this theory out with the rest. I don't know about it making the WRs more aggressive at catching the ball, but it does make them more aggressive running the ball after they catch it. Also the QB seems to throw the ball to them deeper more often as well. And finally WRs do a much better job staying in bounds when catching the ball along the sidelines.

Lower the BTK and TRK for shifty backs - Playmaker was on the money with that one. I lowered Ingram to 70 for both and he did best to avoid the crowd and avoid people all together. Never seen him do so much damn bouncing around when he is running, I was impressed.
Cant test it out because I traded in the game, but I just did this for my TB team for NCAA 12. I picked a Ground Attack type of team. The QBs came in around 85 or lower, RBs 91 or lower. I want to create a team that perfectly fits my Custom Playbook, without having a juggarnaut. I dont want no players over 93.
Since my CP will require multiple RBs, I wanted all types of RBs. But, I want my RBs to play like their tendency. So, I lowered Power ratings for my Speed Rb and slightly improved his speed ratings(top guy), Lowered Shifty ratings for my Power Back(2nd), and for my Balanced guy(3rd string) He had a balanced of speed and power, but it was a max of 85. So they should play differently
Old 07-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

This work is amazing. I know a lot of people do rosters, but does any one do roster ratings edits like this? To have names, faces, info, AND good ratings like this so players look and play like they should, this game would be incredible.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:21 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
This work is amazing. I know a lot of people do rosters, but does any one do roster ratings edits like this? To have names, faces, info, AND good ratings like this so players look and play like they should, this game would be incredible.
This! I'd for sure put $20 on it if someone went this in depth with rosters yet all the players played to there likeness! Also to see LB super jumps eliminated, rb vision, QB IQ, etc again would be awesome and well worth $20 from me...

Great work and research! I can't wait to try all this out with roster edits for 12!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »