Home

Is it possible to have a different approach when playing NCAA?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to have a different approach when playing NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Is it possible to have a different approach when playing NCAA?

I actually use about 50% run and 50 % pass...I like to run the ball as well as pass and usually will score a TD or FG on most drives.

I get the best of both worlds doing this 50/50 stuff.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I play the game differently than probably most people. I use the 5-wide offense and w/ Custom Playbooks I am really looking forward to what I can do. However, I don't use "cheese" or "guaranteed" plays. I set the sliders to make the game difficult and use my ability to read the defense and know where all my receivers will be on their routes.

I've heard that the new game is much tougher. One guy, who's pretty good from what I've heard, is 0-6 so far and that's just playing on AA. So I welcome the new challenge.

I love the passing game and throw the ball 99% of the time, but I am also a time-of-possession freak and love drives that are 90 yards long and take 15 plays and 6 or 7 minutes off the clock. {I play 10 minute quarters} I am perfectly fine w/ a 3 yard completion... second and seven is better than second and ten or worse. I use short passes to replace a running game and it keeps my D rested.

While this is just one example of how you can play the game differently, I'm sure there are people who run 85% of the time and have success. You need to work on sliders that help make the game the best for you.

It helps if you can read a defense both pre-snap and post snap and know when you have a bad play called and can get out of it. Having the right audibles is key in that regard.

I'm sure you'll see lots of people chiming in here as there are many philosophies when it comes to playing football.
I'm all for more challenging games at the AA level on the game but I play as Kentucky in the SEC so I already have a semi tough time building my team up with that schedule each year. God only knows what will happen if AA now makes Louisville, Western KY, etc, tough haha but I like a challenge.
Old 07-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I like my running yards and my passing yards to be in the 200-250 yard range. I prefer to be balanced, 50/50 but it depends on what the defense is giving me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2011, 12:33 PM   #12
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm 60-40 run. I love to run the ball and use the short passing game.

There are games where I fall in love with the pass (usually the ones I lose) if I don't have immediate success with the run. I like to go with 2 back sets but I'm not afraid run out 4 or 5 wide or even come out in the wishbone because running the option can be alot of fun when it's working.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-02-2011, 02:42 PM   #13
Rookie

4solo's Arena

I normally don't pick my plays, I just use the ask coach feature and ususally pick from the three available plays. Sometimes I do scroll to find a different play if is not suitable for the situation but usually I stick to my guns. I like it b/c it helps me to break my tendencies and keep from calling the same plays over an over. I also like the challenge. I like to do this online as well (mainly on offense) when I feel someone has a feel for the plays i'm running; just to mix it up.
Old 07-02-2011, 02:47 PM   #14
Rookie

tcrunner24's Arena

I like to switch it up. I get bored if I go with just one playbook or a set few plays. I hate playing those guys online who run the same 3 plays. Even when I stop them they run them. Boring! I like to run the option out of many formations. Then I'll switch it up and run no huddle with the passing game.
I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Phil 4:13

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »