Home

FCS Teams

This is a discussion on FCS Teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FCS Teams

I believe the answer has two parts:

1) On XBox 360, I think that the disk can't hold all of that data. I was told that's the reason that there are only 70 players on each team. Doubling the number of teams obviously would not help out that cause.

2) It takes a lot of time and money to add new teams. They'd have to create new stadiums, new uniforms, and edit all the rosters. That doesn't even include possibilities like adding more quotes for Herstreit to say and adding new team traditions.

There are two things that could make this worth their while: DLC for $10 or so with minimal customization for those teams or open up the hard cap of 120 teams so that we can create and download FCS or possibly even other levels of play (D2, D3, HS...).
Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #10
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
It seems like an easy way they could solve this issue for many people is to simply open up custom scheduling to include any team saved on your hard drive and not just those included in your dynasty. We could do this on last gen so I would think they could pull it off now
This is a fantastic idea. They're already on the disc if you've gone and taken the time to download them from the TB website. It seems like it's a no brainer... but changing the color of the TB website to avoid confusion seemed like a sure bet and as we can see, same color and same nonsense.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

I really would love the option to run a dynasty with a FCS team, playing other FCS teams and trying to build the team into an FBS team. Then making the transition from FCS power to bad FBS team and growing into an FBS power.

I realize this may not happen, but it would really add to the replay value. There are 126 FCS teams, so that would be a lot of extra memory, but I would even pay extra for it. (although 60 bones is enough as it is).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #12
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Yeah, sadly, this will probably NEVER happen... but it's fun to imagine if it did.

Taking New Hampshire, who's ranked this season, and battling through the season and into the playoffs. Then you see one of your rival CAA schools, Villanova make the jump to the Big East. You ride it out for a few more seasons and then the invite comes. You enter the Big East as a 67 overall 1 star program. Good luck....

I get disc space, man power, 70 people on a roster.... yadda yadda yadda.

If they were to pull it off some year, my head would explode.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

FCS teams were on NCAA Football 09 for Wii. The only good part of that game. The FCS quarterbacks were always faster than the FBS quarterbacks, so I had more fun playing FCS v FCS matchups. But since the Wii failed it always froze before I could replace all FBS teams with FCS, well one time I got all the FCS in, but there were still FBS teams...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
FCS teams were on NCAA Football 09 for Wii. The only good part of that game. The FCS quarterbacks were always faster than the FBS quarterbacks, so I had more fun playing FCS v FCS matchups. But since the Wii failed it always froze before I could replace all FBS teams with FCS, well one time I got all the FCS in, but there were still FBS teams...
Because, for some reason on last gen, they could only ever manage about 75 schools and they never changed the list.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Instead of putting them in the game, keep it as it is now, BUT PUT THE TEAMS ON TB AS DOWNLOADS. So that way, all of us that do want to use them, can. Then expand the TB replacement to 123, which is what it will be next year; FBS and FCS will each have 123 next year... but then it gets messed up in 2013 when FCS loses one, but adds 3 more so you'd have 124 and 125 teams. Get several generic FCS stadiums, so then we'd have much choices.
Agree! Would it be so bad just to add helmets and uniforms for FCS on TB? As to your next point, the old PS2 "Create-A-Team" option had 3-5 different generic stadiums that worked out great.

What's so hard about adding some extra uniforms and extra generic stadiums?

If they could put all SoCon, CAA, MEAC, SWAC, Ivy, Big Sky, Southland, and Missouri Valley (going off the logos they have put on TB previously) helmets/uniforms on the game, that would be huge. And throw Colgate in there also! Then, expand the FCS selection more and more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRudy
Yeah, sadly, this will probably NEVER happen... but it's fun to imagine if it did.

Taking New Hampshire, who's ranked this season, and battling through the season and into the playoffs. Then you see one of your rival CAA schools, Villanova make the jump to the Big East. You ride it out for a few more seasons and then the invite comes. You enter the Big East as a 67 overall 1 star program. Good luck....

I get disc space, man power, 70 people on a roster.... yadda yadda yadda.

If they were to pull it off some year, my head would explode.
If they were to do that, I'd hope they leave an option to turn off teams moving up...heck, if the added FCS teams and a true FCS dynasty with the playoffs, I would probabyly stop using FBS/BCS schools altogether.
MLB: Atlanta Braves

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »