Home

Impact Players

This is a discussion on Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I think it was a bit much myself. I like what the impact player has been recently. Sometimes they make plays sometimes they don't.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Impact Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
I think it was a bit much myself. I like what the impact player has been recently. Sometimes they make plays sometimes they don't.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
That's because it's merely cosmetic now. Which was better than it's original implementation. That was the gimicky non-sense that was killing this series. In one year out the next.

I think having them get a slight rating boost in crunch time would be great. Then maybe they wouldn't have to have a set limit of 3 for all teams which was dumb. tOSU has more impact players than Ohio that's why those teams are were they are. I wouldn't be upset if some teams had as many as 10 and some teams had none.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
That's because it's merely cosmetic now. Which was better than it's original implementation. That was the gimicky non-sense that was killing this series. In one year out the next.

I think having them get a slight rating boost in crunch time would be great. Then maybe they wouldn't have to have a set limit of 3 for all teams which was dumb. tOSU has more impact players than Ohio that's why those teams are were they are. I wouldn't be upset if some teams had as many as 10 and some teams had none.
Just like Season Showdown, it's cosmetic. I like the challenge of keeping a guy as an "impact player", usually it'll end up being my QB or RB. Maybe NCAA 13 will get Madden's "Dynamic Player Performance" bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:27 PM   #12
Rookie

Dash Woodson's Arena

OVR: 0

but heres another thing when it comes to impact players and recent titles of ncaa... my impact players are typically bench warmers, maybe its just my game but when i have a qb coming off a soph year heisman, i expect HIM to be my impact player. i dont want an impact player who can break 8 tckles at any given time, but i do wish my impact players had a CLUTCH rating like in college hoops where when the game is on the line, i can expect a great throw, or my hb to break that last tackle, or my LB to be able to cause that fumble when theres less than a minute and we need the ball back.. I just feel like there is no gamebreakers in recent titles. True that everyone has a sweet player who is consistant whit what they do, but wb players that can change the landscape of the game?
Old 07-04-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaba134
I remember when the feature first came on with the white circle under the players feet...That was awesome, when they got in the zone they almost always made a big play, it felt pretty realistic to have those players always having the big plays when you need them

Thats not realistic at at all. It fact is completely, and totally unrealistic for a superstar in college football to almost always make a big play, and it totally ruins, and unbalances the game.

Last edited by dennis580; 07-04-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash Woodson
or my LB to be able to cause that fumble when theres less than a minute and we need the ball back?
Thats just stupid. So you want a totally, and completely unrealistic game. NO LB can do that. Nor should they be able to do it except for once in a blue moon. You would be totally unbalancing, and ruining the game with garbage like that.
Old 07-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #15
Rookie

Dash Woodson's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis580
Thats just stupid. So you want a totally, and completely unrealistic game. NO LB can do that. Nor should they be able to do it except for once in a blue moon. You would be totally unbalancing, and ruining the game with garbage like that.
Its not stupid, its just an opinion, and an example. I did not say that my LB would cause a fumble everytime we needed the ball, yes that would be completely unrealistic. But i believe that your impact player should have a good chance to make a play in that situation if the opposition plays carelessly... Okay lets put it this way instead of my STUPID opinion. How about my impact LB makes a couple of huge sacks late in the game when we need to stop the opposition??? Nick Fairley did it to Oregon in the biggest game of his life. This is what i mean by impact players. Kids that can do things in situations that others can not. Sorry for mentioning something that might ruin the game for you, but it was just an opinion and apparently not well thought out lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 12:53 PM   #16
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash Woodson
Its not stupid, its just an opinion, and an example. I did not say that my LB would cause a fumble everytime we needed the ball, yes that would be completely unrealistic. But i believe that your impact player should have a good chance to make a play in that situation if the opposition plays carelessly... Okay lets put it this way instead of my STUPID opinion. How about my impact LB makes a couple of huge sacks late in the game when we need to stop the opposition??? Nick Fairley did it to Oregon in the biggest game of his life. This is what i mean by impact players. Kids that can do things in situations that others can not. Sorry for mentioning something that might ruin the game for you, but it was just an opinion and apparently not well thought out lol
The things is, the best player on your team already has the best chance of making that sack to stop the opposition...

The whole crunch time thing is really just a microcosm of the entire game. The best players already have the best chance at making a play. I pray that NCAA never includes a "clutch" rating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »