Home

Years at a school?

This is a discussion on Years at a school? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #17
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Years at a school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammidysam
Possibly recruiting could be bringing you down, I know for me recruiting makes the game very boring. Usually when I don't I can just play game after game, which is fun.
I think it is to. What I try and do is just offer all my recruits a scholarship and let the CPU do the rest but even that starts to become tedious and takes the fun out of the game for me. I always hoped I wasn't the only one who felt like it was a waste of time.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I think it is to. What I try and do is just offer all my recruits a scholarship and let the CPU do the rest but even that starts to become tedious and takes the fun out of the game for me. I always hoped I wasn't the only one who felt like it was a waste of time.
You're not the only one. I think recruiting is really boring and I usually just let the CPU recruit for me.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #19
Rookie

In my dynasty, I started off at New Mexico State and got fired after 3 years. I then moved on to Colorado and I left after 4 years, I went to Georgia Tech and stayed for four years, and then I moved on to TCU and stayed there for 8 years. I still have not won a championship so I took a job offer to the University of Alabama and I am currently in my first season.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Rookie

IronVictory's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
You are wracking up some frequent flyer miles... Hawaii > Miami > Arizona > Army... damn!
You're right! I'm fickle. I wanted to be Hawaii last year, I knew that going in. Then I watched "The U", so I got excited and got a chance to go there.

Then I won a pair of national championships and got bored, so for a little excitement I went to 1-star, 0-12 Arizona and won a Rose Bowl.

Then I realized I wanted to coach a service academy and went to Army... but I missed being at the elite levels every year so I went to West Virginia. I think I have dynasty ADD.

This year, my plan is to be DC at Colorado and then go to Wyoming or ECU as HC, then return to Colorado as HC one day.

New Question (for the thread) >>>
Is anyone worried they will do such a good job as a coordinator that they will never get to be HC at that school? Because they will make the school too good? Does that make sense?

For example: I want to be DC at Wyoming to start. If I am DC at Wyoming and we go (I don't know)... 7-5, 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, 12-0... don't you think the fictional HC will keep getting extensions?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory
You're right! I'm fickle. I wanted to be Hawaii last year, I knew that going in. Then I watched "The U", so I got excited and got a chance to go there.

Then I won a pair of national championships and got bored, so for a little excitement I went to 1-star, 0-12 Arizona and won a Rose Bowl.

Then I realized I wanted to coach a service academy and went to Army... but I missed being at the elite levels every year so I went to West Virginia. I think I have dynasty ADD.

This year, my plan is to be DC at Colorado and then go to Wyoming or ECU as HC, then return to Colorado as HC one day.

Is anyone worried they will do such a good job as a coordinator that they will never get to be HC at that school? Because they will make the school too good? Does that make sense?

For example: I want to be DC at Wyoming to start. If I am DC at Wyoming and we go (I don't know)... 7-5, 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, 12-0... don't you think the fictional HC will keep getting extensions?
The best idea is too go some where else when you feel the time is right, then you will hopefully get the offer. Potentially, you could quit your job and be given a long list of schools if you are supposedly ahead of Wyoming on the Coaching Block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2011, 11:04 PM   #22
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronVictory

Good call.

Because obviously we as coordinators will have things we have to meet.. but as long as we meet our goals, in the process we will probably be helping the CPU HC meet his goals.

Of course I'm sure that the coaching carousel will be so overdone that every time a CPU HC gets an offer from another school that they'll jump on it.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 07-04-2011, 11:32 PM   #23
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

I try to stay as long as I can or until I'm just ready to build another school up...if I haven't won a national title then I won't leave. Now if I can get accurate MEAC and SWAC schools from teambuilder, then I won't leave Florida A&M at all.
MLB: Atlanta Braves
Old 07-04-2011, 11:47 PM   #24
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

I've got hardcore ADD when it comes to staying with a team. I tend to bounce around a lot, and start a crazy amount of new dynasty's. Typically though, I make it through about one season with a team, though I have gone as far as 10 seasons back in ten with Kansas State.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »