Home

Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #9
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
If you go on the Teambuilder website you can see the rosters for every team
I know, I've been looking it over but you can't tell who has already been redshirted.

Example, there might be a Redshirt Sophomore that I wouldn't be able to tell on Teambuilder.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #10
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM938
I know, I've been looking it over but you can't tell who has already been redshirted.

Example, there might be a Redshirt Sophomore that I wouldn't be able to tell on Teambuilder.
Ooooh, Gotcha. My apologies.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I actually start with a decently rated Teambuilder squad that's top heavy with talented juniors and seniors but have extremely low rated sophomores and freshmen. I also don't pay attention to recruiting for the first two years so when my juniors and seniors are gone I'm left with a very poor roster; call it a delayed rebuilding dynasty. I do it this way because I'm prone to restart my dynasty for any reason so I'd rather enjoy the games early on and start rebuilding once I'm certain I'm going to stick with the dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #12
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

I usually just install a run first offense. If the triple option really is fixed this year in the final build, I might just go that route and run a wing back style offense or a spread option offense. Which was what I really liked doing back in NCAA 06 when the option worked well..so I haven't ran a true spread offense as a primary offense in awhile though, so that would be a fun challenge.

The big problem I'm going to have down the road this year is choosing when to move on to another program. If I'm offered a head coaching position at a good school, but is not in a BCS conference, do I accept that or a coordinator position at a bad BCS school? Before I would just wait until I started to get offers from BCS schools and just choose the worst one before moving on...but this whole coordinator thing is a delimma.

If things went perfectly, I'd start at a place like North Texas or Kent as a coordinator, then just jump up to schools, doing 3-4 seasons at each school and staying in non-aq conferences until I got a coordinator position at OSU, then eventually take over as HC. If they decided to hire someone else, I think I'd become HC at another Big Ten school (NOT MICHIGAN!) and make them pay for their decision.

If you can't tell, I'm super excited. This is going to be the best year for dynasty in the history of the series.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:29 PM   #13
Rookie

PhillyPhanatic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv
My favorite thing to do in the game is choosing a school and injecting a completely new offense. Last year I went with rebuilding North Texas...and as with every rebuilding, my first dilemma was deciding which offense to run. Seeing how they have the advantage of being in one of the best states for big ol' offensive linemen, I decided to go with using a power running attack. I chose Michigan State's playbook in order to get a good running game going, and they had a diverse enough shotgun formation that I was able to continue to take advantage of the passing game their old coach left me. In a few seasons I turned their offense into a pretty devastating power running game and was able to run away with a few conference titles.

As we know, in NCAA 12 we're going to have the ability to create our own playbooks. For you guys, is this going to change the way you rebuild teams? Which team do you plan on starting with and what kind of offense do you run with when you're trying to turn around a struggling team? Is it easier to build on the strengths that are already there? Do you take a team with a bad offensive line and use a spread to try to get rid of the ball quickly? Or do you pound the ball and try to grind up the yards to keep your bad defense well rested and off the field?

I don't know which team I'm going to roll with this year, but I want a huge challenge, so any suggestions are welcome.

With North Texas did you mainly use under center plays and just pound the ball? I know the RB Dunbar is very good so he'll be the main focus of my offense. I was thinking of using something like the Run and Gun offense
Old 07-05-2011, 03:58 PM   #14
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

I will be doing an Arkansas State dynasty. They have a pretty good base on offense with a lot of good skill position guys. I played quite a bit with them last year and relly enjoyed it. I'll be using a no huddle spread offense with a lot of option plays.
Old 07-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #15
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

I mainly ran out of I formation and sometimes ace. Occasionally I would come out in shotgun and throw short routes. I really put an emphasis on grinding the ball between the tackles, working the clock at all times and trying to keep my horrid defense rested on the sidelines. I never threw the long ball unless I needed to get down field to tie the game and didn't have much time left.

I made recruiting my offense the main priority. I made sure to recruit a power running back with ability to break tackles every single year. I always had 4 power running backs and a scrambler or two...if one of my quick backs weren't getting enough snaps, I'd just move them out to slot receiver until the guy ahead of him graduated.

Also, I made sure to grab a T, G and C every single year. I wasn't getting the best o line guys I could, but I sure had plenty of depth. On defense I put an emphasis on grabbing a DT or two, two or three DE's (Could always use them as OLBs) and a corner every year. I played a 4-3 with a lot of man coverage, and tried to bring an extra OLB as much as I could. I never all out blitzed, I just sat back, tried to smother their running game and make them beat me in the air. Sometimes it bit me on the ***, but that's why I was running down the clock every snap haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Planning on jumping on with WKU as a Defensive Coordinator.
Ohio State Alum ('05).

Hoping to eventually grab a job with a BCS Conference School in a 'cold' climate or at least somewhere that gets snow on occasion. Whether that is Ohio State or not, so be it.

Really looking forward to building WKU up on the defensive end and having to eventually make that tough decision of whether to stay with the program I try to build up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »