Home

Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

This is a discussion on Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #25
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Rebuilding: How will you begin your 1 or 2 star dynasty in NCAA 12?

I might roll with Duke or SDSU. Only problem is both are 2* and I'd prefer a 1*...
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 05:12 PM   #26
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

I'm going to examine all my job offers and then make a decision... Need to take into account the conference, stadium, cool uniforms etc.

Obviously I will start out as O-Coordinator.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I might roll with Duke or SDSU. Only problem is both are 2* and I'd prefer a 1*...
SDSU got upgraded? I loved using them because I love their jerseys and a great state to recruit in.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

OC for Memphis.
Memphis doesnt really have anything to work with. IRL they were 81st in Passing and 116th in Rushing. Jerrell Rhodes or HB #22 is the best back they have and is rated 70. The highest rated player is 78. None of the QBs fit my scheme at all. No Power RBs or speed over 89. WRs have good size, Only with one over 88 speed and no WR has over 70 Catch. No TE over 65 and are all Blocking TEs. Best part of the line is the Left side. So a lot of runs to the left side.
I have alot of work to do before I can get to a respectable level. I dont have the Bruising back I need for my Offense. But with the formations I have in my Offense will create open lanes. But none of the QBs fit my offense. I will run a Run Heavy Prostyle O. So I have to rely on running 40+ times. I wont have to many options plays. I will create a few prospects that Memphis already signed. They love 6'2+ WRs with at least 87 speed.
Goal is to get our Rush in the top 30-50 and win a bowl game within 3 seasons.

Last edited by illwill10; 07-05-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:21 PM   #29
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

I guess I will be rebuilding UCLA (2 stars). Going to be an offensive coordinator and I can't wait to use the pistol offense. Some things I need to improve upon is the passing game (UCLA's passing offense was nearly nonexistent last year in real life). I will also be recruiting big, fat offensive linemen. Our running game is pretty much set with our stable of 4 running backs.

My goal in my first year will be to beat USC & make a bowl game.

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #30
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic
Picking 1 or 2* teams is always really fun cause if you lose its expected and if you win its a great feeling. I remember being super stoked last year when I got Buffalo to a 6-6 record after 3 years haha
Hey! We won a MAC title and a bowl game a few years back!

Old 07-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm going to be starting at Army as the OC and probably switch them to a pro style offense so I can use their fullbacks and try to run a power running attack. Its gonna be tough recruiting but should hopefully have them somewhat competitive in 3-4 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #32
Banned

jarv's Arena

OVR: 1

I can't believe I just forget this...because it might be the most fun I've had while playing NCAA:

While turning North Texas into a power running team, you can't have enough blocking TE's. I tried to recruit one or two every year...I'd always grab a big one with great blocking and stick him at fullback since recruiting FBs was always hard to do. At one point I even took a fast tackle and turned him into a FB....was always fun running between the tackles with those guys. Linebackers didn't stand a chance.

It was a literally a ton of fun (pun intended). My TE I converted to FB had some pretty good carrying stats, so I would line him up at HB behind my monster T/FB and watch them both bowl through people.
I took the I-Form Tight formation (or maybe it's I-Form Big or something, I can't remember the exact name) and would put them both in there. Then for added power, I put my second/third string tackles in at TE also.

The only word I can think to describe it is Jurassic.

The formation basically ended up looking like this:

T-T-G-C-G-T-T---------WR
-------QB-------------
--------T-------------
-------TE------------

Just don't audible to a play action pass...even though it's funny to watch a tackle dive at a pass in the red zone, it usually doesn't work out all that well haha. When 12 comes out, I'm going to make sure there's no passing plays in this playbook.

Occasionally I would get to the second level and watching those big bastards truck over safeties was always hilarious. I remember playing against a pretty bad team (can't remember which one) and 3/4 of their entire d-line was taken out of the game at one point due to injuries and exhaustion. Their second stringers didn't stand a chance. It was a slaughter. After that game the coaching staf should've been tried under the Geneva Convention.

I hope when we get custom playbooks we can re-name some of the formations. I think I would call that one Devastator. Or Jurassic attack.

Last edited by jarv; 07-05-2011 at 05:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »