Home

Deep Zones getting burned

This is a discussion on Deep Zones getting burned within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #17
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarv
I've only seen it a handful of times (I've played about 10 games on the demo). Maybe I'm not noticing it because of the way I'm doing reads, but coverage does break down some times.

Keep in mind this is a two and a half month old build of the game, and that it would be easily fixable in the demo if we had sliders.

Saying **** like "It's always something with this game!" and complaining as if the entire game is completely broken...it's a little premature for that, don't you think? It's not like money slant routes every time, or PA Smash being open for 20 yard gains every time.
Hey DA, did I say it's completely broken? No I didn't. Did I act like it's "completely broken"? No. If you inferred that, you need to improve your comprehension skills.

If you remember last year, there were a lot of major flaws with this game. Would you like me to list them? I can. Did they fix some with patches? Yes, but not all. Many we had to wait until this year's version for them to be fixed. There are some that we still don't know if they've been fixed yet.

I won't be surprised if we find a few after release. Will they "break" the game? No. Will they cause big problems? I'd be surprised if we don't find at least one.

I say this so I hope the community will address them quickly. So EA can attempt to fix them ASAP. Because if we don't tell them right away, they go on their hiatus, until they start working on NCAA '13.

Don't know why you had to get all bent out of shape. Then again, it might just be OSU's year for that.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo
Old 07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #18
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Deep Zones getting burned

Yeah, seriously, people are so quick to jump on people for posting valid concerns with the game.

It isn't a question of Cover 2 zone getting beat, it is just straight broken coverage downfield on different variations of zone that I have noticed. I watched a video where Fresno State (hum) vs. LSU (cpu) straight lobbed up two straight hail marys and completed t.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
It's bizarre. Early in games (at least in the demo), the defense can play the deep ball pretty well.

But, something is very wrong with come from behind logic. The game wants to artificially create a spectacular game and what ends up happening is scoring becomes ridiculously easy. WRs just blow by defenders.
This. I said as much in the thread I created about this very issue.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:35 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Yeah, seriously, people are so quick to jump on people for posting valid concerns with the game.

It isn't a question of Cover 2 zone getting beat, it is just straight broken coverage downfield on different variations of zone that I have noticed. I watched a video where Fresno State (hum) vs. LSU (cpu) straight lobbed up two straight hail marys and completed t.
Exactly. And this is the retail build of the game.

The debate in regards to the LSU/Fresno St game was that the game shouldn't have been close and how back ups were in the game and all of that.

But, to support some of the things I was seeing, it was a comeback situation and the cpu seems to desperately want you to be able to comeback. The cpu players will go mind numbingly dumb because they want the game to be close and exciting. It just so happens to be done in a really phony and unrealistic way. Let the players decide the outcome. Don't give us fake comebacks by dumbing the AI down to below Varsity skill level.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:18 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
I swear, it's always something with this game. I was interested to see what major flaws we would find come July 13-14th. It seems like we might have found one already. Hopefully this can get fixed asap.
This is why i didn't buy into the hype of the so called IMPROVED ZONE DEFENSE!

This is kinda like NBA Live saying that Player DNA will change the way players think on the court and behave...the only problem with that is they screwed up the player logic

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »