Home

Strongest Secondary in '12?

This is a discussion on Strongest Secondary in '12? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Strongest Secondary in '12?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
So what youre basically telling me is those three players make your secondary the strongest. OKAYYY. And you mentioned a guy who has never played.
ESPN's John Clayton never played football and he's one of ESPN's most respected analysts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 01:08 AM   #66
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy778
ESPN's John Clayton never played football and he's one of ESPN's most respected analysts...
Rotflmao! Nice.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:12 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

this whole thread reeks of a 'my dad has a bigger wiener then your dad' contest

both LSU and Bama have elite secondaries
LSU fans prefer theirs
Bama fans prefer theirs

99% of the teams out there would love either one. end of story.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:15 AM   #68
Rookie

cap032's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
You sound very angry, and I think it stems from the fact that this titan of a secondary lost to a very mediocre LSU offense.
No, not angry at all and not upset by a loss to LSU. Thats how it goes, win some, lose some. Alabama had a young D last year. LSU will have one of the best secondarys in the nation, but every publication out there has Bamas unit #1. The other guy seems to think differently and thats fine. He found 1 media person that agrees with him. Congrats.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:44 AM   #69
Rookie

What's really funny is you guys have yet to respond to my latest post before the one I deleted.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:51 AM   #70
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGdirtyburt
Jackson the best safety in the SEC? Alabama has 2 safeties better than Jackson, and Jackson has been to drug rehab 3-4 times in the last year alone. He has to make on the field before he can be called the best.
You obviously don't know him personally.... I played football and graduated with him,and your accusations of him in rehab could not be further from the truth.
Old 07-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #71
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboss13
So what youre basically telling me is those three players make your secondary the strongest. OKAYYY. And you mentioned a guy who has never played. lmao. Please don't use Phil Steele as an example. He predicted us to only win seven games last year. And what did he predict you guys to do? Exactly. How about Chris Lowe? The guy from ESPN I'm pretty sure he's a more influential analyst than all of those guys you named. Sorry sir but many would argue that ours is better and there are many that would argue Bama's is better. You guys all-star secondary sure did do a lot against one of the most pitiful offenses last year. HA.
Last year Phil Steele predicted Baylor would make it's first bowl game since 1994. He predicted that we would go 7-6. He also predicted we would go to the Texas Bowl.

It all happened.

Now I'm not saying that he's right on everything, that would make him God. But he isn't completely stupid.

You guys can argue all you want. But we won't know who exactly is the top secondary until after the season. LSU might have more depth, 8-12 deep, but as long as the top 5 stay healthy I could care less about the next 7.

As of right now, I'm picking Alabama. LSU is probably second or third. VT and FSU have pretty good secondaries. But you guys are arguing over 1-2, before we've even played a damn game.

Baylor Bears - Texans - Astros - Rockets - Avalanche

Follow me on Twitch: twitch.tv/osovideo

Last edited by BaylorBearBryant; 07-10-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #72
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
Steele starts off his rundown on Oregon's secondary with this, "I would have the Ducks higher but the [secondary] unit does have a weaker front 7 in front of them."

You can argue whether or not that should be included in the rankings, but it is what it is.

He has Cliff Harris rated as the 4th best corner in the entire country behind:

1. Alfonzo Dennard, Nebraska
2. Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina
3. Dre Kirkpatrick, Alabama

Best FS
1. Robert Lester, Alabama
2. Kenny Tate, Maryland
3. T.J. McDonald, USC

Best SS
1. Mark Barron, Alabama
2. Delano Howell, Stanford
3. Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami

*All included in the individual player rankings must be draft eligible.

Not saying this is scripture. Just this guy's opinion. If you're in the top 5 you're probably pretty good.

Steele says this about Alabama's secondary, "This is the biggest blurb on any of these individual units pages because this position has the biggest gap between #1 and #2."

So apparently he thinks Alabama's secondary is head and shoulders better than any in the country.

Steele needs to fix his Fs Rankings kenny tate had his position changed to linebacker at beginning of the year Tate is another freak of nature player from maryland

Last edited by mikehi619; 07-10-2011 at 07:30 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »