Home

NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSSION) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 03:24 PM   #225
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

While this isn't an 'in game' graphics discussion, I think that it still belongs in this impressions/graphics discussion area.

The menus look pretty nice, even though they are largely the same as before, and the animations are good from menu to menu, but the load times and delay in menus is really bad this year. The 20 - 30 seconds just to get the game started after the "PRESS START" screen is ridiculous, and from what I can tell, it's only for that ESPN Gameday type animation.

The menu lag, though, is the worst. The delay between when you press a button on many menus and from when that button press takes effect is at level beyond what your brain should expect with input/response. The worst is on the recruiting board, which takes 1 - 2 seconds for button presses to be recognize by the game. It's noticeable enough where I'm sure that most games press "A" or "X" a number of times and at times make mistakes accidentilly hitting the wrong thing. This is significantly worse than NCAA '11 where this was mostly unnoticeable.

Add to this button lag when changing packages in the play selection screen, something that was present in NCAA 11 and was not fixed for '12.

There are also the well known menu glitches in the post game menu, weird visual glitches like that.

Last edited by Rebel10; 08-02-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 12:49 AM   #226
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 12 Retail Impressions (Graphics/Presentation - NO QUESTIONS/DISCUSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Crowd noise still seems to be lacking to me. Last game I played as Oklahoma State against OU on the road, and the crowd noise just seems so quiet for a big rivalry game. Seems like there are some dead spots as well, where the crowd is literally silent. That makes sense when the home team is on offense, but I noticed it was occurring here and there when I was on offense as the road team.
I don't understand why this isn't a big deal for more people. I can't believe how boring and flat the sound is in this game. I mean this is college f'n football played in stadiums filled with 70k+ people.

I am actually pretty pissed at myself for falling for the Ea gypsy again. Well at least I only bought College football once this generation, so I can't feel that bad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't dynamic stadium sounds part of this years selling points?!

Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #227
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

How do I delete the patch without losing my online pass? Everytime I do it I cant get back online. The patch ruins the helmets of teams with gold or glossy colors like ND, FSU, OSU etc. The game also seems to play better without the patch but I cant delete it without losing my online pass and pro combat unis.. WTF?

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-04-2011, 12:19 AM   #228
Rookie

OVR: 4

Why is the Auburn fight song still wrong after all of these years? The song in the game does not play after touchdowns or field goals in an actual game. I'm a bama fan an i just find it annoying not to have the correct stuff in the game.
MLB:New York Mets
NFL:San Francisco 49ers
Old 08-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #229
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13

Crowd noise in this game flat out stinks! Can tuner updates rectify this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »