Home

ps3 or xbox this year?

This is a discussion on ps3 or xbox this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM   #17
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: ps3 or xbox this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
People really blow the 360 vs. PS3 differences out of proportion. 360 is better, but it's not like we are talking high end PC graphics vs. 1985 DOS here.

And only buy it for one system. I've never understood the need to have it on both systems. Which ever one YOU prefer. If you like the PS3 controller better buy it. If you have more friends on 360, buy that one.
I have never understood the need to have the same game for both systems either. I have both systems but only purchase the game for one or the other not both. This year I'm going back to the PS3 version for 2 reasons, 1) the controller is much lighter which makes it easier on the cracked bone in my wrist, 2) the online features are free to access, not that I play online at all but I do download rosters. I'm not even sure if you need the Live Gold to get rosters so #2 may not even be a reason.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
I have never understood the need to have the same game for both systems either. I have both systems but only purchase the game for one or the other not both. This year I'm going back to the PS3 version for 2 reasons, 1) the controller is much lighter which makes it easier on the cracked bone in my wrist, 2) the online features are free to access, not that I play online at all but I do download rosters. I'm not even sure if you need the Live Gold to get rosters so #2 may not even be a reason.
Cracked bone? Come on now son...****b some dirt on it and get back on the sticks
Old 07-11-2011, 01:42 PM   #19
Rookie

loaf31's Arena

OVR: 15

I have both systems as well, but I am getting it for the PS3 for the first time on the next gen cosoles....

The main reason is strictly for Madden 2012. My buddy and I wanted to use the online franchise for Madden for the 360, but since it went untouched we are going with the PS3. I found a website that allows us (I am in Pittsburgh and he is in San Diego) to transfer save files back and forth to each other from the PS3 that you cant do on the 360.

So in essence we are doing and offline Madden franchise online, if that makes sense? This way we can have the draft classes imported in madden via NCAA

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins (Season Ticket Holder)
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates (Season Ticket Holder)
NCAAF: Penn St. Nittany Lions
EPL: Liverpool
Old 07-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

So it's confirmed that PS3 users got the screwed on the replays again? And people still will support the ps3 version?
Old 07-11-2011, 02:19 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by on my grizzle
So it's confirmed that PS3 users got the screwed on the replays again? And people still will support the ps3 version?
Really, people are that picky about replays? Seems like a dumb reason to not get it on a certain system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
I have changed my pre order 3 times in a week between ps3 and xbox,so guess in not the right person to ask ,anyway after playing both demos the winner is xbox 360.it just looked better and seemed smother.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
Really, people are that picky about replays? Seems like a dumb reason to not get it on a certain system.
Please stop calling people dumb for wanting the max for the $60

If you have both consoles and online with friends is not a big deal then there is zero reasons for the ps3 over the 360 if you have both consoles.

You seem to want to insult people to get it on PS3
Old 07-11-2011, 04:23 PM   #24
Rookie

loaf31's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Please stop calling people dumb for wanting the max for the $60

If you have both consoles and online with friends is not a big deal then there is zero reasons for the ps3 over the 360 if you have both consoles.

You seem to want to insult people to get it on PS3
Who cares what system you get it on..... I do have a reason to get it on the PS3 instead of the 360..... I posted it a little while ago

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins (Season Ticket Holder)
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
MLB: Pittsburgh Pirates (Season Ticket Holder)
NCAAF: Penn St. Nittany Lions
EPL: Liverpool

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »