Home

Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player?

This is a discussion on Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2011, 08:47 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Are you a Conservative or Aggresive player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren123
Aggressive. I want to score asap and put the pressure on the other team. My first play of the game I'm always looking for the deep ball to get a quick score and throw them off their game.

Defensively it depends, I can play very conservative or blitz a lot, depends on the opponent I'm playing.
I mix it up...sort of like I would do in real life to keep the other team on their toes...if I am up by a score and just stopped them defensively I might try a deep bomb to try and get a quick score to crush their spirits and gain some momentum for my team

I play defense I think like nick saban...1st and 2nd I play to stop the pass and then 3rd depending on the situation....of course if a team lines up with 5wr on 1st down...im setting up to stop the pass....I think I heard this is Saban's philosophy....I really dont like the blitzing packages on the game, or havent seen many I like...I think this game would benefit from a tiered play calling system

Offense I like ot mix it up, probably 55-60% pass
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2011, 09:06 PM   #26
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3

Aggressive on both fronts. I like to sling it on offense and enjoy running a 3-4 defense. I have success with the 3-4 which most people tend to think is useless in the game. To a degree it is a generic 3-4 in how you line up and there isn't anything too complex with it. But, if you run it right, you can still have just as much success as the 4-3.

I don't completely abandon the run in my offense, but, I tend to think pass first and will grind out the clock once I have a suffocating lead.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:17 PM   #27
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Pound the rock.

I tend to play D relatively aggressive as of late however..

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1

conservative on offense, but getting more aggressive, and aggressive on defense no doubt!
Old 07-10-2011, 09:26 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I run the ball on 1st, then its of course 50/50 shot at run vs pass on 2nd, and I almost always throw 3rd and long, run 3rd and short. I sometimes go for the big play on a 3rd long if the game is close due to them trying to stop the short 10 yd routes and not play the deep one.

I also use VT 95% of the time so running is just what they do.

On Defense I usually run a 3-3-5 against heavy passer or a 4-3 Under vs runners.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 0

I tend to be conservative on both sides of the ball and I'm very comfortable playing the field position game if my offense is struggling. I try to force my opponent to use 10+ plays and sustain a drive. Most of the time people get frustrated and turn the ball over because they try to force a play that isn't there. I usually use the first half to feel out the opponent then get more aggressive and own the 2nd half. I'm very defensive minded I know if I can hold you to under 17 pts or at the very least stay do not get down more than 9 by the 4th, I have a great chance to win. For some reason, I don't play well until the 4th and I don't panic if I am down late because I've had so many comebacks.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 AM   #31
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

I have a weird way about me. On offense, I usually run a west coast type of attack. Rely on my running game, mix in some play action, and usually complete mostly 5-8 yard passes. That said I will take some deep shots when I see the secondary inching in.

When it comes to defense, I'm totally opposite. I blame the Steeler mindset in me, but I attack, attack, attack on defense. I love at least getting some pressure on the opposing QB, even if I can't sack him. I usually go after strong Safeties my first year of recruiting.

Last edited by LambertandHam; 07-11-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2011, 03:01 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3

I run the ball like 80% of the time. I like to control the clock and make them play wisconsin football. From wisconsin and love the way they play the game. When I do pass its short to medium passes. I'm not that good at deep passes so I will stick to my running game

Now on defence I blitz blitz blitz. But mostly like the steelers with there zone blitz scheme. Not a steelers fan but I really like there defence. Keep everything in front of we with the zones but also be aggressive with the blitz.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »