Home

Uniform Updates 4.0

This is a discussion on Uniform Updates 4.0 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:29 PM   #81
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Uniform Updates 4.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
No need to argue this because neither of us know the answer, but either way it is possible for them to allow DLC. I believe they did it with Madden a couple years ago (49ers). I guess they figure it's a way to get people to buy future versions if they don't allow it. Which I disagree with because enough teams change their uniforms after release to make each edition valuable.
Madden uses a different system than NCAA, they changed up how they did the uniforms for NCAA 08 and after the fact they found they could not patch in changes like they could in 07. They would have had to change the way they did things, and I imagine they would have announced that. I hope that they have made it possible to patch in new uniforms but they haven't been able to do for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredude02
Very fresh looking uniforms. I actually like the Tiger Claw Pants. Doesn't Cal' where similar ones as well?
In both cases they are bear claw marks (Cal Golden Bears, Baylor Bears), they are similar but different in design.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 04:52 AM   #82
#nouss

WyxHarmon's Arena

OVR: 18

That white Baylor helmet is too clean.
Ravens

73 - 72
Old 07-21-2011, 05:23 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

How do you get Michigans throwbacks to show up? I've seen videos of people using them but I don't see them in my game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 AM   #84
Rookie

Buster6's Arena

OVR: 1

I would LOVE to see Iowa's throwbacks they wore last year in the game, as would the rest of us Iowa fans I'm sure. We only have one helmet, two jerseys (home and away obviously), and one pair of pants. A little disparity would be nice every once in awhile.
Old 07-21-2011, 05:59 AM   #85
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

OVR: 0

Shoot, I hope we get a red and black helmet, its only logical, we got red socks even. id like to see a Pro Combat Cincy Uni though. I bet it would be pretty awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #86
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
How do you get Michigans throwbacks to show up? I've seen videos of people using them but I don't see them in my game.
They're TeamBuilder. Search Lux21 on TB, he also has a thread in the TeamBuilder subforum.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:22 PM   #87
MVP

Iceman87GT's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
They aren't in the game, and you can only create rough approximations through teambuilder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabo's corked Bat
Shoot, I hope we get a red and black helmet, its only logical, we got red socks even. id like to see a Pro Combat Cincy Uni though. I bet it would be pretty awesome.
Cincinnati is an Adidas school, so you won't be getting any Pro Combats.
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins
RIP Atlanta Thrashers
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM   #88
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
No need to argue this because neither of us know the answer, but either way it is possible for them to allow DLC. I believe they did it with Madden a couple years ago (49ers). I guess they figure it's a way to get people to buy future versions if they don't allow it. Which I disagree with because enough teams change their uniforms after release to make each edition valuable.
They've said time and time again, that they cannot add DLC as is. The game has no way to replace artwork that is on the disc. It would be possible for them to give the game that ability, but it hasn't been very high on their "to-do" list for a while.

Madden and NCAA, contrary to what many think, are not the same game. They have a lot of the same gameplay elements, but they do have separate design teams, and the games are not the same in the guts of them.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »