Home

NCAA Midnight Release Stories

This is a discussion on NCAA Midnight Release Stories within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #25
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

I've bought this game at midnight for quite awhile now, easily 6 years, and tonight was probably the easiest midnight release buy by far. Went to Wal-Mart at about 11:50, meandered around the store for 10 minutes and right at midnight, the stock guy had the game at the register. So I asked for one, he gave it to me and told me to go to the front to checkout because the electronics register was closed. Walked up to the front, stood in line for 7-10 minutes and was out of there by 12:10. Only saw about 2 other guys buying the game though. Last year there were quite a few more, upwards of 20 probably.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 03:25 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just got home from Walmart in Vegas and it was pretty easy except some chick with a full basket was in front of me in electronics so i was gettin really annoyed. I only had to wait like 10 minutes but she wasn't hot so that 10 minutes of D Rob practice was wasted.....jk. Now just for the install........
Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 AM   #27
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

Its 1135pm here and about to head towards Wal Mart since none of the Gamestops here are doing a midnight realease. All I know is that Wal Mart better give me my game. They are open 24/7 so they should.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-12-2011, 03:48 AM   #28
Rookie

notoriouzwun's Arena

OVR: 14

Say here, played some NBA2K11. Watched friends come home from the east coast and put in their games. Had them join my party. Listened to them play each other and work on playbooks. Its now 12:47 PST have no Gamestop midnight release and have game paid for. Killing time so I dont wake up to early since i dont have to be to work till 1pm pst. So I will pick it up at 10am PST. Now going to go cry myself to sleep.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:55 AM   #29
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I've bought this game at midnight for quite awhile now, easily 6 years, and tonight was probably the easiest midnight release buy by far. Went to Wal-Mart at about 11:50, meandered around the store for 10 minutes and right at midnight, the stock guy had the game at the register. So I asked for one, he gave it to me and told me to go to the front to checkout because the electronics register was closed. Walked up to the front, stood in line for 7-10 minutes and was out of there by 12:10. Only saw about 2 other guys buying the game though. Last year there were quite a few more, upwards of 20 probably.
I have to agree. It seems like there is less energy at my local shop this year. I remember specifically the pandemonium at my local shop for the release of NCAA '07 (for whatever reason). There was a line down the street at midnight. I feel like there was a lot less stock for that release specifically. Tonight I called to ask if their stock tonight were all spoken for by pre-orders and was told there are "literally dozens" of each platform not pre-ordered, so to come on down.

Then there was only 10 or so people in line for the doors to open.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:58 AM   #30
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Man I wish my GS would have had midnight release. Preordered from Amazon anyway so it will be here tomorrow. Anyway about GS midnight stories, they are pretty good. I remember I went to GS for The Show 11 at midnight but there was some other lame *** game out that day to. Well I showed up only to stand in line with 30 other people dressed up in the games attire. I just felt out of place. There were only 3 other people buying MLB and the whole time I had to listen to all of the other people talk about "why would anyone be here for baseball?" It was messed up. So basically it was the first time I had ever felt out of the ordinary with sports in the mix. Not to offend anyone but normally the "normal" people are considered to be the people who don't dress up as characters from a video game. I understand many people enjoy the fantasy land games but most of us do not dress up as the characters. That is by far the weirdest experience I have ever had when buying a game. It almost turns me away from ever buying anything during a midnight release from gamestop. I always feel so uncomfortable, even when I'm buying madden I feel weird. Sorry my post wasn't on NCAA but I had to post mine because it was such a different experience for me. Hope you all are enjoying the game!
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 07-12-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:00 AM   #31
Pro

OVR: 36
Icon6 Re: NCAA Midnight Release Stories

THE STORY OF ALL MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES
MUST-READ FOR MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES... VERY FUNNY

I decided to go with the midnight purchase as opposed to the pre-order and money. NCAA party with friends is much more fun and easy right? WRONG.

I check-in at Walmart three times during the day to try and snag early copies of the game. The employers we had helping us were not the brightest and I convinced him that the game came out last Tuesday. He went in back and I thought things were all good. He said he couldn't find the copies though. Later I asked another employee and I told him that it came out tonight and he said they will have it so I decided to sit it out until midnight. I get to my Walmart right at 11:57 and walk into the electronics department with 4 friends decked out in Michigan Football gear from head to toe.

3 other guys are standing along waiting for the game having driven from 15 miles away (small-town, up-north Michigan mind you). They tell us that the employees are in back getting the game. After 25 minutes of waiting at the counter, we piled up pillow pets to sleep by the desk waiting for it. Finally the electronics guy says we have 4 people back there looking for the game and we cannot find it. I'm like wtf seriously!?!?

To pass more time we play endless demos of MLB: The Show and even drink a couple jugs of unpurchased Nesquick Chocolate milk just to prove a point to Walmart and their brain-dead employees.

After my friend and I set up a tent in front of the phone counter, we grabbed some sleeping bags and slept there for another 45 minutes. Finally the Floor manager comes out and tells us no dice.. I explain how I had come in earlier, the yellow tag was on the game shelf with no games so he scans it then says to me (IMPORTANT PART) ,"You said you were looking for a game called Smackdown right?"

Confused... I replied "No... The yellow tag says NCAA Football 12... I'm in a football jersey. We all said NCAA Football.."

"Oh, (scans the barcode) I thought you said Smackdown"

My 4 friends and I sat for an hour and a half because this ******* thought we all showed up at midnight for a wrestling game that doesn't exist. I burst out laughing in his face then swore plenty of times. He quickly replied saying they had 20 in stock and we've been playing the game nonstop since.

Last edited by ballaspence9493; 07-12-2011 at 04:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 04:04 AM   #32
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballaspence9493
THE STORY OF ALL MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES
MUST-READ FOR MIDNIGHT RELEASE STORIES... VERY FUNNY

I decided to go with the midnight purchase as opposed to the pre-order and money. NCAA party with friends is much more fun and easy right? WRONG.

I check-in at Walmart three times during the day to try and snag early copies of the game. The employers we had helping us were not the brightest and I convinced him that the game came out last Tuesday. He went in back and I thought things were all good. He said he couldn't find the copies though. Later I asked another employee and I told him that it came out tonight and he said they will have it so I decided to sit it out until midnight. I get to my Walmart right at 11:57 and walk into the electronics department with 4 friends decked out in Michigan Football gear from head to toe.

3 other guys are standing along waiting for the game having driven from 15 miles away (small-town, up-north Michigan mind you). They tell us that the employees are in back getting the game. After 25 minutes of waiting at the counter, we piled up pillow pets to sleep by the desk waiting for it. Finally the electronics guy says we have 4 people back there looking for the game and we cannot find it. I'm like wtf seriously!?!?

To pass more time we play endless demos of MLB: The Show and even drink a couple jugs of unpurchased Nesquick Chocolate milk just to prove a point to Walmart and their brain-dead employees.

After my friend and I set up a tent in front of the phone counter, we grabbed some sleeping bags and slept there for another 45 minutes. Finally the Floor manager comes out and tells us no dice.. I explain how I had come in earlier, the yellow tag was on the game shelf with no games so he scans it then says to me (IMPORTANT PART) ,"You said you were looking for a game called Smackdown right?"

Confused... I replied "No... The yellow tag says NCAA Football 12... I'm in a football jersey. We all said NCAA Football.."

"Oh, (scans the barcode) I thought you said Smackdown"

My 4 friends and I sat for an hour and a half because this ******* thought we all showed up at midnight for a wrestling game that doesn't exist. I burst out laughing in his face then swore plenty of times. He quickly replied saying they had 20 in stock and we've been playing the game nonstop since.
Prime example of why you get a high school diploma and not work at walmart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »