Home

Wildcat Sets in Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on Wildcat Sets in Custom Playbooks within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Wildcat Sets in Custom Playbooks

that's the video I remember watching as well.
they obviously locked that feature for some reason...interesting
Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #18
MVP

PowerofRed25's Arena

OVR: 13

I noticed this last night, so I decided to give playbook specific Wildcat a try. When I selected Nebraska as a base playbook to use their Wild Husker, Wildcat wasn't even in the base playbook (like it is in game) and when you go to add Wildcat it is the basic plays.

I guess Wildcat won't be happening for me.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #19
Rookie

Stele's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerofRed25
I noticed this last night, so I decided to give playbook specific Wildcat a try. When I selected Nebraska as a base playbook to use their Wild Husker, Wildcat wasn't even in the base playbook (like it is in game) and when you go to add Wildcat it is the basic plays.

I guess Wildcat won't be happening for me.

Yep. Tried using Louisville as the base and the Wild Card formation wasn't even in the base playbook.

I can understand them not wanting you to grab the various wildcats from different playbooks, maybe. And some of them aren't that different anyway. But taking away the one that should be in your playbook to start with is pretty odd.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #20
Rookie

geauxfan70's Arena

OVR: 2

Well that sucks, i would like an answer to this, i hope we just can't do it and that's the end of it
Old 07-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #21
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stele
Yep. Tried using Louisville as the base and the Wild Card formation wasn't even in the base playbook.

I can understand them not wanting you to grab the various wildcats from different playbooks, maybe. And some of them aren't that different anyway. But taking away the one that should be in your playbook to start with is pretty odd.
While it won't appear in the Custom Playbooks interface section, the Wild Card/Wild Husker/Wild Team Specific formations will appear in-game. So you can't add or remove the formation or the plays inside it, but you can still use them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2011, 05:32 PM   #22
Rookie

WipeOut464's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
While it won't appear in the Custom Playbooks interface section, the Wild Card/Wild Husker/Wild Team Specific formations will appear in-game. So you can't add or remove the formation or the plays inside it, but you can still use them.
Wait, what? So you CAN add in the other Wild____ formations but you have take all the plays in the formation? Or you can only at YOUR base playbook team's Wild____ formation along with the Goalline?

If the second one is the case - combined with the Goalline limitations - that puts a real dent in Custom Playbooks.

NCAA: Georgia
NFL: San Francisco
MLB: ZZZzzzzzz...

Old 07-12-2011, 06:02 PM   #23
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by WipeOut464
Wait, what? So you CAN add in the other Wild____ formations but you have take all the plays in the formation? Or you can only at YOUR base playbook team's Wild____ formation along with the Goalline?

If the second one is the case - combined with the Goalline limitations - that puts a real dent in Custom Playbooks.
It's the second one... in order to use team specific Wildcats as well as a specific Goalline, you must start with that team's playbook.

I have all of the team's unique formations (primarily Wildcat & Goalline) outlined in my spreadsheet on TGT.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ok-Spreadsheet
Old 07-12-2011, 06:44 PM   #24
Rookie

rollinphat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
It's the second one... in order to use team specific Wildcats as well as a specific Goalline, you must start with that team's playbook.

I have all of the team's unique formations (primarily Wildcat & Goalline) outlined in my spreadsheet on TGT.
http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...ok-Spreadsheet
thank you for clarifying!

but i can't say that i'm happy about this. maybe this is just another issue with the whole custom playbook problem and this will be fixed with a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »