Home

1st Year Schedules wrong!

This is a discussion on 1st Year Schedules wrong! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #1
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8
1st Year Schedules wrong!

Does anybody else get annoyed that EA still doesn't add in the 13th game for teams playing at Hawaii, which in turn messes up a bunch of other teams schedules.

Take Cal for example. Instead of Playing an out of conference game against Utah (funny logic), they play an FCS team.

Now many of you may see this as small, but lets say Utah is good enough to run the tables. A 14-0 Utah (13 game regular season and conference championship) would easily beat out any contender for the nation championship, especially in a game that produces multiple undeafeated teams in a year.

(I have simmed several season and seen 2 teams every year, and 3 one year.)

Now lets look at it from the other side of the coin. Utah loses a game against a good team. They lose an opportunity to lose esentially. Again this effects the final results.

Heck I think OSU also loses a game this year too.

Boise State losed one last year against VT.

Just wondering if anybody is as annoyed as I am. By no means is it game breacking but it is an extremely unneccesary(spelling?) oversight. All I want is the year 1 schedules correct. I could care less for a 13th game year 2 and beyond.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:55 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: 1st Year Schedules wrong!

Why would Cal play Utah out of conference when they're playing each other in conference?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
Pro

bruinkid626's Arena

OVR: 10

You mean Colorado?

I am the danger.. I am the one who knocks.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

Yes, the lack of 13th game is annoying, but Cal's schedule is not messed up because of Hawaii. It's messed up because the game never lets you schedule conference teams as OOC games. That logic probably stops the designers as well. Colorado is who you're thinking of, not Utah.

The only 1-A vs. 1-A game besides Cal-Colorado that's missing is Ohio @ New Mexico State. Sadly, the schedules are generally so screwed up, that I'm pretty happy this is all that's messed up
Old 07-13-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
Rookie

wkukicksbutt's Arena

OVR: 4

Colorado b4 joining the conference, had a two year deal with Cal to play, but when they joined the Pac 12 said they would allow them to play so they wouldnt have to find another opponent and it wouldnt count vs the conference b/c they werent scheduled to face each other this year.

I know technically they can't have "neutral games", but the UK-WKU game is in Nashville, and WKU is the destinated "home" team, they have the game at UK in the game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 01:59 AM   #6
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarich
Yes, the lack of 13th game is annoying, but Cal's schedule is not messed up because of Hawaii. It's messed up because the game never lets you schedule conference teams as OOC games. That logic probably stops the designers as well. Colorado is who you're thinking of, not Utah.

The only 1-A vs. 1-A game besides Cal-Colorado that's missing is Ohio @ New Mexico State. Sadly, the schedules are generally so screwed up, that I'm pretty happy this is all that's messed up
Are the schedules way off this year again? I remember your thread last year with all the mistakes.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:07 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

1937 setup gives you some crazy schedules, but I must say, I loved the results. I have a long *** post in the Custom Conferences thread that goes over things I noticed after simming a year.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:53 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkukicksbutt
Colorado b4 joining the conference, had a two year deal with Cal to play, but when they joined the Pac 12 said they would allow them to play so they wouldnt have to find another opponent and it wouldnt count vs the conference b/c they werent scheduled to face each other this year.

I know technically they can't have "neutral games", but the UK-WKU game is in Nashville, and WKU is the destinated "home" team, they have the game at UK in the game
If I had to guess, WKU is designated as the home team so they can count the home attendance and stay Division I.

Arkansas plays UL-Monroe in Little Rock every season. I can't remember off-hand who calls the coin flip, but Arkansas wears their red home uniforms. UL-Monroe is designating the home team though so they can count the 55,000ish as a home attendance. Arkansas collects all the money from the tickets (though they pay ULM for the game), Arkansas season ticket holders get the ticket as part of their package (though they don't get tickets to other "away" games, not even the game against TAMU in Cowboy Stadium), etc.

And in NCAA Football, the game is always played in Fayetteville.

I'd imagine the UK-WKU scenario is essentially identical.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »