Home

Cheesers

This is a discussion on Cheesers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 10:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Cheesers

That's why the only time I play games online is on Fifa, which is by FAR the best online sporting experience EA has to offer IMO. I for one haven't owned Madden or NCAA for 2 years, but when I do, I only play online franchise; I bought NCAA this year in order to play online dynasty with some of my friends. They play straight up, and it's the only way I can enjoy the game.

However, last night I played as Texas against Georgia. I lost 21-27, losing the ball on downs at their 11 yard line. The CPU is really good this year, but as other's mentioned, you don't feel like you're being cheated.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #26
Rookie

happymadison's Arena

OVR: 4

the cheeser's and glitcher's are running rampamt in ncaa and madden every single year and that's why i want play online anymore the only reason i have my ps3 hooked up to the internet is for update's and patche's and roster's...online has absolute no appeal to me because of the jughead's who can't play a straight up game...it seem's losing to someone is a horror worse than death.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #27
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Wanna know what's even worse. There was this guy that ran the A-11 offense all game.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:30 AM   #28
Rookie

Freakydeaky9's Arena

OVR: 2

I understand where your coming from which is why I almost never play online with friends. You can't blame EA when they can't really fix it.
NCAA #1: Nevada Wolf Pack
NCAA #2: UCLA Bruins
NFL: Denver Broncos
MLB: San Francisco Giants
NBA: Portland Trailblazers
Old 07-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #29
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x
it has become pretty much impossible to play online against anyone with a winning record for me. I play straight up football like it's supposed to be played.

I just played a guy who i literally couldn't stop. He ran 3 plays out of the same formation and i couldn't stop it. He would cross 2 guys, one inside and one outside on slant patterns and one guy on a fly all on the same side of the field. No matter what D i ran he burnt me. Would occasionally opt to a running play(same formation) and i would be trying to stop the pass therefore, not stopping the run.

His defense consisted of stacking the line with everyone not covering a receiver and press covering my guys on the outside. The only way i found to beat him was to do the exact same thing he was doing to me. Which i hate because that's not playing football. It's running the same play over and over again.

Online play is the single most frustrating thing in sports games outside of FIFA. Their online is pretty flawless from my point of view. Pretty impossible to cheese and i've played well over 100 games
In order to beat the cheeser, you must think/play like him. Thats something im not willing to waste time doing or compromise my thinking to play like a donk. Online sports gaming is not even an option/feature to me, too much tomfoolery to deal with.

Last edited by northface28; 07-13-2011 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 4

Cheesing is never going to stop. You have your lobby ball, button smash guys looking to rack up wins vs your sim guys just wanting a good, clean contest. The only way around it is joining a sim community with guys who play like you in unranked matches.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:52 AM   #31
Rookie

catsfan19's Arena

OVR: 0

And this is precisely why I choose to only play offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 11:57 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

This is silly, every sports game that comes out, a certain group of people (more than likely the same people) come in and complain about "cheesing". Who cares, its a video game. You guys need help. What do you expect if you play a random? Most people only care about winning, thus, they will do what ever it takes to do so. Maybe you should play against people who play how you want them to. To me, part of the fun of video games is to stop all different types of people and their styles of choice. Even if these people "cheese", shut it down, 95% of the time these "cheesers" are the easiest people to beat, due to their simplistic nature and lack of understanding of the game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »