Home

PS3 just broke

This is a discussion on PS3 just broke within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS3 just broke

I have been following the updates regarding named rosters all day long, excited to finally download them and start my Dynasty.

I play a few games throughout the day, waiting for the rosters to be released. Around dinner time, while playing NCAA 12 froze (or whatever you would call just looping shots of the stadium, without starting the next play), and I just turned off the system, thinking nothing of it.

Finally, around 9pm, I see the named rosters were finally out. So I power on my PS3, and get ready to start playing NCAA 12. .... and nothing happens. The PS3's not reading the disc. Or --- as I would soon find out, ANY disc.

Some back story: my PS3 was going on 4 years old, and over the last year had some annoying issues with the fan coming on for almost no reason whatsoever. Otherwise, I've never had a problem.

Called Sony. They says it's a hardware issue. They want $100 to mail it in, to maybe have it fixed. Who knows when I'd get it back.

Hopped on ebay, and found a used PS3 slim from a very (presumably) respectable member: nearing 2000 sales; 100% positive feedback. The whole thing's only $200, with $15 shipping added. Should be here in a few days. It was a purchase out of desperation, so I'm nervous there's a chance I might have made a mistake, and possibly overlooked something...

Here's the link to the ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...E:L:OC:US:1123

I don't use ebay too often. Might a more ebay savvy person be able to spot if I missed anything, or does the ad seem pretty legit? Would anyone else had doing something different?

-Sean
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #2
Banned

Re: PS3 just broke

Yeah I wouldnt worry it looks like a smart purchase.He claims there is nothing wrong with the system and by looking at his stats he's got a little truth to what he says.

Plus youve got the Ebay buyer protection so worst case scenario you'll get your money back.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9

Mine just got the YLOD this morning. I have fixed this about 5 times already but think I will finally just give in and buy a slim. smh
Old 07-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny17Jets
Yeah I wouldnt worry it looks like a smart purchase.He claims there is nothing wrong with the system and by looking at his stats he's got a little truth to what he says.

Plus youve got the Ebay buyer protection so worst case scenario you'll get your money back.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Thanks for chiming in; it's nice to have a second pair of eyes, just in case I missed something.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #5
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ny17Jets

Yeah, exactly. If nothing else, use Paypal to purchase it. But it looks good to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Mine just got the YLOD this morning. I have fixed this about 5 times already but think I will finally just give in and buy a slim. smh
I'm sorry, man, that really sucks. Mine didn't even give me warning (unless you count the constant fan as one); it just stopped recognizing discs. But I agree --- I don't feel like wasting my time and money, and invest it into a 4 year old system ... it doesn't make any sense, really.

I know Gamestop has (or had) some type of promotion where you could trade in an old first gen PS3 for a slim one, where it would only cost you about $100. Sadly, though, I doubt Gamestop would accept either of our PS3s as a trade in, in their current condition.

IF there is a bright side ... I finally have a reason to upgrade my old PS3 (which I've been considering for well over a year now), which hasn't been aging well. And by the time it arrives (fingers crossed), the community rosters will be out, and I could officially start my Dynasty.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Yeah, exactly. If nothing else, use Paypal to purchase it. But it looks good to me.
Yeah, I did that. The guy only accepted Paypal, and thank god I still had an account. Heh.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:23 PM   #8
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

This has nothing to do with NCAA ...closed.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »