Home

The small things are not fixed. AGAIN.

This is a discussion on The small things are not fixed. AGAIN. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2011, 02:21 PM   #1
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
The small things are not fixed. AGAIN.

I know, this few things are minor specially when people are saying that CPU canīt run in shotgun, that Human passing doesnīt have overthrows, and stuff.. but i hate when a company doesnīt fix those small things.

It feel like the product was rushed or in beta phase.

1- Total tackles sort is not working, as last year. How long this could take to fix it? they had 1 year.

2-Pancackes stats... this never worked since , well, ever.. why do they have it in the game?

3. Progression... some people are saying that after 3 years there are TONS of 90-99 overall players.. come one.. why they donīt get this right and STICK WITH THAT. there are no reason to break what was fixed before.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #2
Banned

JSHT21's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The small things are not fixed. AGAIN.

CPU can run fine in the shotgun... I've had numerous games where they rushed for more than 100 yards.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:32 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
I know, this few things are minor specially when people are saying that CPU canīt run in shotgun, that Human passing doesnīt have overthrows, and stuff.. but i hate when a company doesnīt fix those small things.

It feel like the product was rushed or in beta phase.

1- Total tackles sort is not working, as last year. How long this could take to fix it? they had 1 year.

2-Pancackes stats... this never worked since , well, ever.. why do they have it in the game?

3. Progression... some people are saying that after 3 years there are TONS of 90-99 overall players.. come one.. why they donīt get this right and STICK WITH THAT. there are no reason to break what was fixed before.
Mind telling me when it was "fixed before" on this gen? It has always had it's errors.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Banned

stevehoos's Arena

OVR: 0

This games build is like a toothpick bridge, each year when they go into fix or implement something else, they have to remove various toothpicks that worked and were in the correct place from years prior. That is why we see the same things re-broken year in and year out. I have given up asking for these things to be fixed, it is just a futile activity that falls on deaf ears. I enjoy the game for what it is because I love football and there is no other game to play. That being said, this whole build is one giant mess, it needs to be scratched and started anew. Video games have myraid of issues, always will, but EA has proven to me that they are incapable of getting dyansty progression and simulated stats right for years running now. I know this is beating a dead horse, but why would they need to? They have the market, it's as simple as that. If having tackling totals corrected affected their bottom line, you better believe they would fix it, "That's just the way it is." When you have no competitors in a market, you get lazy, the old path of least resistance bites.

Last edited by stevehoos; 07-13-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #5
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehoos
This games build is like a toothpick bridge, each year when they go into fix or implement something else, they have to remove various toothpicks that worked and were in the correct place from years prior. That is why we see the same things re-broken year in and year out. I have given up asking for these things to be fixed, it is just a futile activity that falls on deaf ears. I enjoy the game for what it is because I love football and there is no other game to play. That being said, this whole build is one giant mess, it needs to be scratched and started anew. Video games have myraid of issues, always will. EA has proven to me that they are incapable of getting dyansty progression and simulated stats right for years running now. I know this is beating a dead horse, but why would they need to? They have the market, it's as simple as that. If having tackling totals corrected affected their bottom line, you better believe they would fix it, "That's just the way it is." When you have no competitors in a market, you get lazy, the old path of least resistance bites.
I couldn't agree more. Year after year the EA guys want to pound their chests and brag about all of the new added features (most of which the average NCAA gamer honestly could give a crap less about), yet they continuously drop the ball, so to speak, on issues that should be taken care of before the game is even released. Then they release a patch that fixes a few of them, only to cause a few more problems with other things that were fine before. It just seems like a sloppy, and careless effort year after year and they don't seem to understand that core gameplay is the most important factor for most gaming football fans when determining how fun this game could or should be. I wish the EA guys cared half as much as the guys that work on MLB The Show each year. Those guys genuinely care, listen, and want to get it right it seems. Sometimes I wonder if the EA guys that work on this game have ever even witnessed a college football game. Also, I hate the monopoly that EA has on the NFL and NCAA. It makes for lazy, subpar efforts that we have to settle for to get our football gaming fix. I've been in favor of scrapping this engine and starting new for years now. Once again for me there just seems to be something missing in this year's version that the PS2 ones had as far as playing and having fun.

Last edited by crques; 07-13-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #6
Rookie

bdt52's Arena

OVR: 3

Booker,

Have they updated our stadiums at least, yet? Thanks..
Old 07-13-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
Pro

northface28's Arena

OVR: 6

Unfortunately, it is what it is. I mean seriously, its been this way for years. Expecting EA to change, what probably in their opinion, is working "just fine" is foolhardy.

Im just going to enjoy the game, I gave up expecting much of anything from EA. If you do, youll be let down a large majority of the time.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:18 PM   #8
Banned

stevehoos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by northface28
Unfortunately, it is what it is. I mean seriously, its been this way for years. Expecting EA to change, what probably in their opinion, is working "just fine" is foolhardy.

Im just going to enjoy the game, I gave up expecting much of anything from EA. If you do, youll be let down a large majority of the time.
You nailed it man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »